Edited by: Juan Ruiz
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
If you’re in Toronto (YYZ) or Montreal (YUL) — or can position easily to either of these cities — there is an excellent flight deal to Nairobi (NBO) in business class for under $2,000 round-trip.
Let’s take a look!
Fare Deal — The Details
This deal is operated by Turkish Airlines between Toronto or Montreal and Nairobi, Kenya. Each leg includes a stop in Istanbul (IST). The long-haul legs between Canada and Istanbul are on the Boeing 777 and Airbus A330, which offer lie-flat seating, while some flights from Istanbul to Nairobi are operated on the Boeing 737.
Kenya also recently dropped visa requirements, so all travelers (regardless of nationality) can visit the country visa-free starting in January 2024.
This deal is especially sweetened when you consider that similar flights from the U.S. cost nearly $4,000 round-trip. Given the favorable exchange rate between Canadian Dollars and the U.S. Dollar, you’ll save close to $2,000 by flying from a Canadian airport.
- Class: Business Class
- Route: Toronto (YYZ) and Montreal (YUL) to Nairobi (NBO)
- Dates: Select dates between January and July 2024
- Rates: As low as $1,934 round-trip
Check out our guide on the best ways to fly to Africa using points and miles!
How to Book
The cheapest availability can be found throughout the first half of 2024, though you may find under-$2,000 tickets next fall. Either way, finding travel dates that work for you shouldn’t be too difficult.
After selecting flights, you should book your ticket with a credit card that rewards for flights or general travel purchases. Some of our favorites at Upgraded Points include:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
This is an excellent deal, especially considering how expensive similar business class flights are from U.S. hubs like New York (JFK) or Boston (BOS) to Kenya. You can save thousands of dollars and fly in style by finding cheap positioning flights to Canada. But if you’re interested, you’d better book before this deal is gone!
Featured Image Credit: Pexels via Pixabay
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.