Edited by: Nick Ellis
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Are you looking to beat expensive airfare this fall and winter? If so, there’s a great deal from New York City to Madrid, Spain, in premium economy that you should check out.
Let’s take a look at the deal.
Fare Deal — Details
These discounted flights are operated by Spain’s flag carrier Iberia (and sometimes American Airlines) and will take you nonstop between New York (JFK) and Madrid (MAD). Any American Airlines segments will be operated by its Boeing 777, while the Iberia flights are on the Airbus A350.
You can play around with dates on Google Flights and then book directly through American. Make sure to select “Premium Economy” and not “Main Semiflexible” if booking through Google Flights, as the latter doesn’t include premium economy.
- Class: Premium Economy
- Routes: New York (JFK) to Madrid (MAD)
- Dates: November 2023 to March 2024
- Rates: As low as $1,170 round-trip
Best Ways To Book
The best availability can be found in November and December 2023, though you’ll find solid availability throughout fall and early 2024.
After you’ve picked dates, you’ll want to book your flight using a credit card that rewards you for travel purchases. Here are some of our recommendations:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®: 2x miles on American Airlines purchases
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®: 2x miles on American Airlines purchases
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®: 2x miles on American Airlines purchases
Airfare isn’t cheap right now, which means it’s great news when we see flight deals, especially to Europe. Both Iberia and American premium economy products are a decent way to fly across the Atlantic, so you’ll want to book this deal before it’s gone!
The information regarding the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
The information regarding the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
The information regarding the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit: Florian Wehde via Unsplash
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Get the latest travel tips, crucial news, flight & hotel deal alerts... Plus — expert strategies to maximize your points & miles by joining our (free) newsletter.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.