Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Here’s something we don’t see often: flight deals in Turkish Airlines business class. But we recently spotted an excellent deal from New York (JFK) to Porto (OPO) that you’ll want to take advantage of.
Let’s dive right into this deal!
This deal is on Turkish Airlines from New York (JFK) to Porto (OPO) with a long layover in Istanbul (IST) each way. The long-haul routes are operated on Turkish’s Boeing 777-300ER in a 2-3-2 configuration and the Airbus A330, arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration. The flights between Istanbul and Porto are operated on the Boeing 737 MAX 8.
This deal will make the most sense if you’re looking to tack on a trip to Istanbul before heading to Porto, as both legs have extensive layovers in Türkiye.
You can play around with dates on Google Flights and then book directly through Turkish.
- Class: Turkish Business Class
- Routes: New York (JFK) to Porto (OPO)
- Dates: August 2023 to May 2024
- Rates: As low as $2,354 round-trip
If you come across a connection of over 20 hours, learn more about Turkish Airlines’ Stopover in Istanbul program which could offer you complimentary 5-star accommodations of up to 3 nights.
Best Ways To Book
You shouldn’t have trouble finding flights, as there’s pretty solid availability through the spring of 2024.
After you’ve picked dates, you’ll want to book your flight using a credit card that rewards you for travel purchases. Here are some of our recommendations at Upgraded Points:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
This is an excellent deal if you’re looking for an affordable way to fly lie-flat to Europe and want to tack on an extra trip to Istanbul. Like many flight deals, this likely won’t last long, so make sure to book soon!
The information regarding the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit: Kürşat Kuzu on Pexels
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Get the latest travel tips, crucial news, flight & hotel deal alerts... Plus — expert strategies to maximize your points & miles by joining our (free) newsletter.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.