IHG Rewards’ newest promotion allows you to fast track your way to IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status — the loyalty program’s second-highest elite level.
We will walk you through the details of the promotion, the benefits of IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status, and offer a suggestion for how you might accomplish this status level even faster.
When you register for the promotion from now until March 12, 2022, and stay 5 nights at IHG hotels within 90 days of registration, you’ll earn Platinum Elite status through December 2023.
Usually, IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status requires you to stay 30 nights in a calendar year, so earning it after 5 nights in 90 days is a great deal.
Here are the terms to be aware of:
- Qualifying Stays are a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with a total spend exceeding $30 for each night.
- Bookings made through online travel agencies or other reservation sites such as Booking.com or Expedia are not eligible for this promotion.
- Platinum Elite status awarded under this promotion will be reflected in a member’s IHG Rewards account upon completion of 5 qualifying nights.
Benefits of IHG Platinum Elite Status
To help decide whether this promotion is worth going for, let’s take a look at the benefits you would receive once you qualify for Platinum Elite status:
- 50% bonus points on stays (15x points per $1)
- Room upgrades subject to availability (corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, rooms on higher floors, or rooms with preferred views)
- Guaranteed room availability for reservations made 72 hours in advance
- Late checkout, subject to availability
- Welcome amenity (usually bonus points or a snack/beverage credit)
- Priority check-in line
Hot Tip: Read through our full guide for more details on the benefits of IHG Rewards elite status!
Another Way To Fast Track Yourself to IHG Platinum Elite
If your goal is to get IHG Platinum Elite status, a much easier way to do so would be to add the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card to your wallet. Why is that? Because the card comes with automatic IHG Platinum Elite status each year just for holding the card, with no need to worry about requalifying year-over-year.
Beyond that, the card also comes with the following benefits:
- 10x points per $1 on IHG spend
- 2x points per $1 at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1x point per $1 on everything else
- Free anniversary night certificate redeemable at any IHG hotel costing up to 40,000 points per night
- Get your fourth-night free on award stays
- 20% discount when you purchase points with your card
- Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit
- Various travel and purchase protection benefits
Ultimately, if you have an upcoming IHG stay or 2 and don’t already have status, this promotion is certainly worth registering for. However, don’t go out of your way to stay 5 nights if you weren’t already planning to, seeing as you can more easily earn Platinum Elite status from your couch by getting the IHG Premier card.
Featured Image Credit:
How to Beat the Crowds & Lock In Affordable Travel While You Still Can...
With lockdowns ending, the demand for travel is surging to record levels - and so are prices.
We’ll show you the strategies and tools to unlock huge savings, but that window is closing fast - so you
need to get on this right now.
Download our last-chance playbook here:
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.