Hyatt has announced plans to open a brand new resort in Cancún, Mexico in 2024.
Grand Hyatt Cancún Beach Resort will be located within Puerto Cancún, a master-planned residential resort community situated between downtown and the Cancún Hotel Zone.
Here’s everything you need to know about this new Hyatt property.
Grand Hyatt Cancún Beach Resort
This new resort is scheduled to open by the summer of 2024 and is part of Hyatt’s focus on the Caribbean and Latin America.
“Cancún is one of the most desired and booming leisure tourism destinations in the world, and we are thrilled to collaborate with the team at Diestra Realty to bring the iconic Grand Hyatt brand to this sought-after destination,” says Camilo Bolaños, Hyatt’s senior vice president of development for Latin America and the Caribbean.
This luxury hotel will feature 500 guest rooms, including 28 that have private plunge pools, and 46 suites, including 1 Presidential Suite.
There will be no shortage of food and beverage options on the property. A total of 6 bars and 11 dining locations are in the works, featuring world-class chefs and locally-inspired cuisine.
The resort will feature 3 swimming pools, a fitness center, an indoor/outdoor spa, a kids’ club, an activity center, a business center, and retail shops. In addition, over 16,000 square feet of event space will be available.
Grand Hyatt Cancún Beach Resort will be a part of the new Puerto Cancún community that will include a golf course, full-service marina, condos, timeshares, single-family homes, a fitness and recreation center, a protected natural reserve, and an open-air shopping mall. Located between downtown and the hotel zone, Puerto Cancún aims to blend city life with resort amenities.
Hot Tip: Now is a great time to start earning lots of World of Hyatt points so you can book Grand Hyatt Cancún Beach Resort when it opens. You can also check out our guide to the best Cancún hotels to book with points.
Other Hyatt Properties in Cancún
Hyatt’s footprint in the Cancún/Playa del Carmen area recently expanded with the acquisition of Apple Leisure Group.
Grand Hyatt Cancún Beach Resort joins 24 other Hyatt hotels in the area:
- Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya
- Breathless Cancún Soul Resort & Spa
- Breathless Riviera Cancún Resort & Spa
- Dreams Jade Resort & Spa
- Dreams Natura Resort & Spa
- Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
- Dreams Riviera Cancún Resort & Spa
- Dreams Sands Cancún Resort & Spa
- Dreams Sapphire Resort & Spa
- Dreams Vista Cancún Golf & Spa Resort
- Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort
- Hyatt Zilara Cancún
- Hyatt Ziva Cancún
- Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancún
- Now Emerald Cancún
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancún
- Secrets Moxché Playa del Carmen
- Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
- Secrets Riviera Cancún Resort & Spa
- Secrets The Vine Cancún
- Thompson Playa del Carmen Beach House
- Thompson Playa del Carmen Main House
- Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya
- Zoëtry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancún
The announcement of plans for a new-build hotel in Cancun is great news for Hyatt and beach vacation fans alike. Grand Hyatt Cancún Beach Resort will add another luxury option to this booming vacation destination.
Featured Image Credit: