Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
It’s common for hotel chains to offer incentives to encourage new users to sign up for their loyalty program. Right now, Hilton Honors is out with the latest iteration of its new member promotion which will award up to 3,000 Hilton Honors points to new members who join the program and complete 2 stays with the chain.
Now through December 31, 2024, anyone who is not yet a member and joins the Hilton Honors program will have an opportunity to earn 3,000 Hilton Honors points.
You’ll earn 1,000 points after completing your first stay at any Hilton-branded hotel and an additional 2,000 points after you complete a second stay, for a total of 3,000 points.
- To be eligible for this promotion, you must be a new Hilton Honors member. Those who are currently members aren’t able to participate.
- You must checkout on or before December 31, 2024.
- Any stay that earns points is eligible for this promotion. This means most rates — including corporate rates, AAA rates, AARP rates, government bookings, etc. — will be valid for the promotion.
- Registration is not required. If you joined Hilton Honors after January 1, 2024, but before December 31, 2024, you’ll be automatically enrolled.
- Your 2 stays that qualify for the promotion must be completed within 6 months of new account creation.
- Your bonus points will be posted 6 to 8 weeks after the promotion ends.
Is It Worth It?
On their own, 3,000 Hilton Honors points won’t get you a free stay, nor are they particularly valuable in the grand scheme of things, considering the rates Hilton routinely charges for its properties. That said, free bonus points are better than no points at all, and if you’re able to combine this bonus with spending on a Hilton co-branded credit card, additional stays with the chain, or other points-earning activities, it could add meaningfully to your balance and result in you having enough points for a free stay in the future.
Hot Tip: Read up on the best ways to add lots of points to your Hilton Honors balance.
Hotel brands (and basically all other companies in the industry) are always seeking more members for their loyalty programs. The more members there are to send communications to, the more likely these members will take advantage of offers and stay with the brand in the future.
If you’re not already a Hilton Honors member and have upcoming stays at Hilton hotels (or are planning on staying with Hilton), this is certainly a worthwhile offer to take advantage of.
And while you don’t need to register for this promotion, make sure you complete your qualifying stays within 6 months of creating your account so that you can maximize the 3,000-point bonus.
Featured Image Credit: Nick Ellis
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.