Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
IHG’s latest promotion will take place this upcoming January and allows travelers to earn 5,000 points after completing just 2 nights within the month.
Here is a quick look at the details of this promotion, and how you can maximize it, so that you can give your IHG Rewards points a boost at the start of 2022.
IHG Stay 2 Nights Promotion
As mentioned, the promotion allows you to earn 5,000 bonus points after staying 2 nights at an IHG hotel between January 1, 2022, and January 31, 2022.
We value IHG Rewards points at 0.5 cents per point, making a 5,000-point bonus worth $25 based on our valuations.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion that you’ll want to be aware of:
- You must register for the offer before being able to participate.
- Your 2 nights must be completed between January 1, 2022, and January 31, 2022.
- Your 2-night stay does not have to be consecutive and can be 2 separate 1-night stays.
- A qualifying stay is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 (or local equivalent) per night.
- Bonus points awarded through this offer are not elite status qualifying.
- Allow up to 6 weeks for the bonus points to be added to your account after completing the promotion.
How To Maximize This Promotion
Since you’ll need to book at least 2 nights using cash in order to complete the promotion, you’ll want to put this spend on a card that is rewarding for spend at IHG hotels.
One great option would be the IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card, as not only does it earn up to 26 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel, but you’ll also earn 5 points per $1 spent on purchases on travel, gas stations, and restaurants. After that, you earn 3 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
Hot Tip: If you’re interested in the IHG Premier card, you can learn more about our favorite benefits that the IHG Premier card offers.
Further, if you first go through Rakuten before booking your IHG stays, you can earn 3% cash-back or 3x Amex Membership Rewards points per $1 spent (these amounts can vary) on top of the IHG Rewards points you’ll earn for your stays.
While you certainly shouldn’t go out of your way to try and take advantage of this promotion, it does offer a great opportunity to earn some extra points if you needed to book a few hotel nights in January anyway.
If you’re planning to take advantage of the promotion, don’t forget that you must first register your IHG Rewards account before doing so, and complete both qualifying nights before January 31, 2022.
Featured Image Credit: