Update: These benefits are not longer available. Please refer to our reviews of The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, and Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express for the most up-to-date offerings on these products.
Over the last year, American Express has introduced multiple credits to help improve the value proposition for cardholders, especially in a time where not many were able to use the travel benefits of certain cards.
For the most part, many of the credits that were added definitely delivered in terms of providing value great value to cardholders. Unfortunately, many of those credits are expiring at the end of June 2021. So if you haven’t used them already, don’t leave money on the table! Keep in mind that terms may apply and enrollment may be required through your American Express account.
Table of Contents
Monthly PayPal Statement Credit
Back in January, Amex gave cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express the opportunity to earn up to $180 in PayPal credits, to the tune of $30 per month when you linked your card and paid through PayPal.
While it is too late to redeem the $30 credit from previous months, if you have yet to use the $30 credit for June, do not forget to do so by June 30, 2021.
Amex Offers Retail Statement Credits
If you’re an Amex cardholder, you’re likely no stranger to Amex Offers. But lately, Amex has extended some incredibly lucrative offers that effectively allowed Amex Platinum cardholders (as of November 1, 2020) to get free, or nearly free, products and services (enrollment required). These included offers like $50 off $50 at Best Buy, Home Chef, and Home Depot.
You can view the full list of offers expiring June 30, 2021, below:
- Avis Car Rental: Spend $250+ on eligible purchases, get $75 back, up to 2 times
- BestBuy.com: Spend $50+ on eligible purchases, get $50 back, up to 2 times
- The Container Store: Spend $150+ on eligible purchases, get $50 back, up to 2 times
- Goldbelly: Spend $100+ on eligible purchases, get $50 back, up to 3 times
- Home Chef: Spend $50+ on eligible purchases, get $50 back, up to 3 times
- HomeDepot.com: Spend $50+ on eligible purchases, get $50 back, up to 2 times
- Instacart: Spend $250+ on eligible purchases, get $50 back, up to 2 times
- Samsung: Spend $1,000+ on eligible purchases, get $200 back, 1 time
- Scribd: Spend $9.99+ on eligible purchases, get $9.99 back, up to 5 times
- Virtual Personal Training by Equinox: Spend $780+ on eligible purchases, get $130 back, up to 5 times
- Wine Insiders: Spend $30+ on eligible purchases, get $30 back, up to 2 times
Hot Tip: Make sure to read our complete guide on how to use the new American Express statement credits for full details on all of the offers expiring June 30, 2021.
$250 in Statement Credits for Eligible Business Purchases
If you have The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, you’ve received an offer to earn a $25 statement credit each time you spend $500 or more in a single eligible transaction, up to 10 transactions for a total of $250 back.
If that sounds like something that would benefit your spending habits then sure to make use of this offer before it expires June 30, 2021.
Equinox+ Monthly Credits
Amex Platinum cardholders received up to 9 $25 monthly credits and Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express cardholders received $10 monthly credits for the on-demand virtual fitness app, helping to subsidize the usual monthly cost of $39.99. So if you haven’t given the service a shot already and want to do so, make sure you do so before the June 30, 2021, expiration.
Without a doubt, many of these offers were a great way to provide value to cardholders who, for the most part, weren’t getting much value out of their cards in a travel-less world. But, as the adage goes, all good things must come to an end. But if you have yet to use some of these offers, you still have until June 30, 2021, to take advantage of them!