Do you have a small business? Are you looking for a new credit card to complement your spending? Consider the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, which has an updated — and much larger — limited-time welcome offer. Let’s take a look.
Marriott’s previous offer allowed you to earn a welcome bonus of 75,000 points plus a $150 statement credit after meeting the minimum spend. This new, enhanced offer gives you the opportunity to earn far more:
- Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points and 2 bonus Free Night Awards after you spend $5,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months. Each Free Night Award is worth up to 50,000 points per night and some hotels have resort fees. Offer ends November 3, 2021.
The Marriott Bonvoy Business card comes with perks of its own in addition to its signup bonus:
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
- 15 Elite Night Credits
- 1 Free Night Award each cardmember anniversary (up to 35,000 points)
- Silver Elite status (Gold Elite status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year)
- No foreign transaction fees (see rates and fees)
- $125 annual fee (see rates and fees)
Is It Worth It?
This is an excellent question, and the answer will depend on your needs. If you’re looking for a new small business credit card and have the ability to meet the minimum spend for this card, this is a great welcome offer to score. 125,000 points and 2 free night certificates can take you a long way.
How far, exactly, can you go with these points and certs? Pretty far.
Marriott has a fixed-rate award chart that’ll charge you a specific amount of points based on peak, off-peak, and standard pricing:
Most intriguing here is Category 7 off-peak pricing, which is unique in that it grants the ability to redeem those free night certificates at Category 7 properties. Now, Cat 7 properties may not be the top Marriott hotels, but you can have absolutely amazing getaways with those free night certificates — with the ability to choose from 242 high-end Category 7 hotels (in addition to any Category 1 to 6 hotels). Does the Maldives catch your fancy?
Off-peak pricing drops rates to 50,000 points per night, meaning you can apply both of your certificates here. You can also redeem that generous sign-up bonus for just about 3 nights here (depending on what type of purchases you make to meet your minimum spend goal). All-in, 5 nights at a resort in the Maldives is a pretty good exchange for 1 credit card sign-up bonus. For reference, rates here regularly run upwards of $500 per night.
Hot Tip: Check out more amazing redemptions in our guides to the best ways to redeem Marriott Bonvoy points for hotel stays and flights.
If you’re in the market for a business credit card, this is worth the effort and the annual fee. Along with a great welcome offer, you’ll receive perks for being a cardholder that include complimentary elite status and a free night certificate worth up to 35,000 points each year.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, click here.