We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
It’s not unusual for an airline to partner with a hotel chain to offer reciprocal benefits. We’ve seen this before with Delta Air Lines and Starwood Hotels, and currently American Airlines and Hyatt Hotels, among many tie-ups. Now, Qatar Airways is partnering with Accor and its ALL – Accor Live Limitless loyalty program to bring benefits to travelers of both companies.
Why the Tie-up
If you’re flying on an airline, you’re most likely staying at a hotel during your trip, and if you’re staying at a hotel, you’re most likely flying an airline to get to that destination. It makes perfect sense for an airline to want to partner with a hotel as it can captivate travelers from both ends and potentially increase sales and loyalty.
If a passenger from the airline gets exposed to the hotel brand, they may become loyal to both the hotel and airline, and, similarly, if a traveler of a hotel gets exposed to the airline, they may become loyal to both, flying the respective airline to all the destinations where they’d normally require a hotel.
Reciprocal Earning With Privilege Club and ALL
“Through a seamless web or app customer journey, members of ALL and Qatar Airways Privilege Club can easily enroll and get rewarded for each flight and hotel booking,” said Mehdi Hemici, Chief Loyalty and Partnerships Officer for Accor.
Earning is fairly simple between the 2 programs. While not necessarily generous, it provides the opportunity to earn points that weren’t there before:
- If you’re a Qatar Airways Privilege Club member, you can earn 1 Avios for every €1 you spend at an Accor hotel. You’ll also accumulate all your normal ALL Reward points that you’d normally get for the stay.
- If you’re an ALL – Accor Live Limitless member, you can earn 1 ALL Reward point for every €2 you spend on Qatar Airways flights. Like the hotel side of the earnings, you’ll also earn any normal Qatar Privilege Club Avios on the ticket as well.
Think of the earning like double dipping — you can earn both hotel and airline points for each flight or hotel stay.
Elite Status Fast-track Benefits
Earning status is pretty straightforward between the 2 programs, though it’s worth noting that the status is only a fast-track, and is only valid for 1 year. After that, you’ll be required to earn the status normally via whatever the published requirements are.
After 1 hotel stay, Privilege Club members can earn ALL status as follows:
- Privilege Club Gold will receive a fast track to ALL Silver
- Privilege Club Platinum will receive a fast track to ALL Gold
After 1 flight, ALL members can earn Privilege Club status as follows:
- ALL Gold will fast-track to Privilege Club Silver
- ALL Platinum will fast-track to Privilege Club Gold
- ALL Diamond will fast-track to Privilege Club Platinum
If you have status with either Qatar Airways Privilege Club or ALL – Accor Live Limitless, these reciprocal earning and elite benefits may come in handy. While the status will only be valid for 1 year, be sure to take advantage of the match and earn through the published requirements to keep that status for the following year.
Featured Image Credit: Qatar Airways
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.