The Southwest Companion Pass is one of the most sought-after perks in award travel thanks to how lucrative it can be for traveling couples and families, as it allows your companion to fly with you for free on any paid or points flight you book with Southwest.
If that sounds enticing, the latest Southwest promotion can earn you 2 months of the Southwest Companion Pass after taking just 1 round-trip flight. Here is everything you need to know to take advantage of the promotion.
Southwest Companion Pass Promo
In order to participate in the promotion, you must first register for it on the promotion landing page (make sure you’re a Rapid Rewards member!), then you must book 1 round-trip flight or 2 one-way flights by September 8, 2022.
The flights you book must be for travel by November 17, 2022. Once you’ve done that, you’ll receive the Companion Pass from January 4, 2023, through March 4, 2023.
Here are the promotion terms to be aware of:
- Member must register for this promotion, and purchase 1 round trip or 2 one-way flights between September 6 and September 8, 2022, for travel that must be completed between September 6 and November 17, 2022.
- Tickets purchased with Southwest Rapid Rewards points are not eligible for the promotion.
- A qualifying flight is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections, or a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal.
- Qualifying flights include flights paid entirely with dollars, LUV Vouchers, gift cards, or travel funds, and with no portion of the purchase price paid for with Rapid Rewards points. Charter flights, group travel, and Southwest Vacations packages do not qualify for this promotion.
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion.
Is This Promo Worth It?
If you live near an airport that is serviced by Southwest, regularly travel with another person, and have plans to travel within the promotion window, then this promotion would likely be very worth it. After simply booking a single round-trip ticket or 2 one-way flights, you’ll receive 60 days’ worth of the Southwest Companion Pass.
This means if you were planning any winter getaways to one of the many vacation destinations (including international routes!) that Southwest serves during January and February, you’ll be able to bring your companion along on these flights free of charge (excluding any taxes and fees).
Hot Tip: Learn more about the Southwest Companion Pass in our ultimate guide! We also have tips on the best ways to redeem the Southwest Companion Pass with Rapid Rewards points for max value.
This is a great offer that is worth considering if you are a frequent Southwest flyer or regularly travel with another person. Since any round-trip or 2 one-way flights are eligible, regardless of what they cost, you can get some serious value out of this promo with 2 months of Companion Pass flights.
Featured Image Credit: