Fly United for business? Then your wallet and stash of miles would probably benefit from having a United℠ Business Card in your possession.
While it’s still an attractive offer, the card’s welcome bonus has been slashed in half from a maximum possible of 150,000 miles to just 75,000 miles.
Let’s take a look at what you have to do to receive the 75,000 miles, as well as the other perks and benefits of the card.
United Business Card’s New Bonus and Card Perks
To earn the 75,000 welcome bonus miles, new cardmembers are required to spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of card ownership.
This was the case with the previous offer, however, an extra bonus of 75,000 would have been awarded for spending $20,000 on the card in the first 6 months.
Don’t be disheartened if you had been considering taking out this card — 75,000 United MileagePlus Miles is still a significant sum of miles. When considering we value each United mile at 1.3 cents, that means a welcome bonus of 75,000 miles has a cash value of $975.
As you’d expect with an airline co-branded credit card, the United Business card comes with a host of mainly travel-related benefits, including the following spending categories:
- 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases from United, including tickets, Economy Plus, inflight food, beverages, and Wi-Fi, and other United charges
- 2 miles per $1 spent on dining, including eligible delivery services
- 2 miles per $1 spent at gas stations, office supply stores, and on local transit and commuting
- 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
The benefits don’t stop there — cardmembers will also benefit from:
- Employee cards at no additional cost (miles earned from their purchases accrue in the business account meaning miles are earned faster)
- $100 United travel credit after 7 United flight purchases of $100 or more each anniversary year
- 5,000 “better-together” anniversary bonus miles when you have the United Business card and a personal United credit card
- 500 Premier Qualifying Points (PQP) for every $12,000 spent on purchases with the United Business card (up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year) that can be applied towards Premium status qualification, up to the Premier 1K level
- 2 United Club 1-time passes each year
- 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, drinks, and Wi-Fi onboard United-operated flights when purchasing with the United Business card
- No foreign transaction fees
- Free first checked bag (terms apply)
- Priority boarding on United-operated flights
75k MileagePlus Miles Could Take You Almost Anywhere in the World
The United Business card’s welcome bonus is more than enough to get you a one-way in United Polaris to Europe (from 60,000 miles) or Asia (from 70,000 miles).
If it’s a return trip you’d want to book, then you’d have enough for 1 return trip to Europe in economy (from 60,000).
You can also redeem United miles on flights with other airlines like Avianca, Ethiopian Airlines, Turkish Airlines, and, perhaps most exciting of all, Lufthansa.
Hot Tip: For more details, see our complete guides to earning and redeeming United MileagePlus miles.
The new welcome bonus for the United Business card has been reduced by half to just 75,000 miles.
All things considered, 75,000 miles, coupled with the card’s travel-focused perks and benefits, is a stellar deal for frequent United business flyers.
Featured Image Credit:
DavidPrado via Adobe Stock