The United Club℠ Infinite Card is a premium card designed for the most dedicated of United frequent flyers who are looking for a card that provides the opportunity to earn extra United MileagePlus miles and receive lounge access via a yearly United Club membership.
United frequent flyers will find that the United Club Infinite card provides an enhanced experience on their United flights thanks to the money saved on each flight and the conveniences it provides.
- 4x miles per $1 on United purchases
- 2x miles per $1 on travel and dining purchases
- Complimentary United Club membership
- Free first and second checked bag for you and 1 traveling companion
- United Premier Access
- 25% back on United inflight purchases
- Complimentary Premier Upgrades on United-operated award tickets (when available)
- Expanded award availability
- Up to 3,000 Premier Qualifying Points
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle status
- $100 Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit
- Trip protections like trip delay insurance, lost and delayed luggage insurance, and rental car insurance
- Shopping protections like return protection, purchase protection, and extended warranty protection
- $525 annual fee
- Does not earn transferable rewards
United Club Infinite Card — Snapshot
- Welcome Bonus & Info (Partner Content)
- Earn 75,000 Bonus Miles
- Earn 4 miles per $1 spent on United purchases including tickets, Economy Plus, inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi, and other United charges
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on all other travel
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining at restaurants and eligible delivery services
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® fee credit
- Free first and second checked bags - a savings of up to $320 per roundtrip. Terms Apply
- 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flight when you pay with your Club Card
- Card Categories:
- Related Articles
The Ideal Cardholder
The United Club Infinite card is ideal for United loyalists that are looking for a premium card that provides great perks and an annual United Club membership so that they can enjoy airport lounge access.
A great option for those who are looking to reach higher levels of United elite status, the United Club Infinite card allows you to earn up to 3,000 PQPs each year through your card spending.
United Club Infinite Card Travel Benefits
If you’re looking for a card that provides tons of perks to United flyers, then you’ll love what the United Club Infinite card has to offer.
- United Club Access — Cardholders receive complimentary access to all United Club lounges.
- Free Checked Baggage — You and 1 companion on the same reservation will each receive your first and second standard checked bag free when you pay for your flight with the United Club Infinite card.
- United Premier Access — Premier Access not only offers priority boarding, but also priority check-in, security screening (where available), and baggage handling.
- 25% Back on United Inflight Purchases — When you use your United Club Infinite card to purchase food, beverages, or Wi-Fi on board, you’ll receive 25% back as a statement credit.
- Complimentary Premier Upgrades — Get a space-available seat upgrade to the next cabin class when flying on United award tickets.
- Expanded Award Availability — Cardholders have no restrictions or blackout dates on award flight availability.
- Up to 3,000 Premier Qualifying Points — For every $12,000 spent on your card, you’ll earn 500 PQPs towards your next level of United elite status, up to 3,000 PQPs each year.
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle Status — Cardholders receive complimentary Hertz President’s Circle status, offering additional points, car upgrades, and more.
United Club Infinite Card Travel and Purchase Protections
Frequent travelers will love the protections they receive thanks to their United Club Infinite card.
- Trip Delay Coverage — When you purchase your flight with your United Club Infinite card, and it is delayed by more than 12 hours, or overnight, you’re covered for up to $500 in charges towards necessities like food and lodging.
- Lost or Delayed Baggage Insurance — If your luggage is lost or damaged by the airline, you’re covered for up to $3,000. If the airline delays your bag by more than 6 hours, you’re covered up to $100 a day, for up to 3 days, towards necessary expenses.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance — Trips that must be canceled due to covered situations are covered up to $10,000 per traveler, and $20,000 per trip, for non-refundable travel expenses.
- Rental Car Insurance — Primary rental car insurance coverage covers theft and collision damage to your rental vehicle.
- Return Protection — You’ll be reimbursed for items that the store will not accept a return for within 90 days of purchase, up to $500 per item and $1,000 per year.
- Purchase Protection — Items purchased with your card are covered in the case of theft or accidental damage, up to 120 days from the purchase date, for up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per year.
- Extended Warranty Coverage — Any items purchased with your card that have extended warranties of 3 years or less will be extended by 1 additional year.
Great Card If
- You’re a frequent United flyer
- You want United Club access
- You want to reach higher levels of United elite status
Don't Get If
- You seldom fly with United
- You prefer a card that earns transferable points
- You don’t think the benefits justify the cards annual fee
United Club Infinite Card — Fees
- Annual Fee
- Foreign Transaction FeesNone
- Interest Rates
- 16.49% to 23.49% Variable
- Late fees
- Up to $40
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% Variable
- Balance Transfers
- 16.49% to 23.49% Variable
- Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Cash Advance APR
- 24.99% Variable
- Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
How To Earn More United Miles
The United Club Infinite card earns 4x miles per $1 on airline tickets purchased from United, and on the following purchases made from United: seat upgrades; Economy Plus; inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi; baggage service charges or other United fees, which is the highest category bonus of all co-branded United cards. So, if you’re looking to earn as many United miles as possible, you’ll want to make this your go-to card for all of your United flights.
Travel and Dining Purchases
Your United Club Infinite card earns 2x miles per $1 on dining purchases, including delivery and takeout, and 2x miles per $1 on travel, including purchases on hotels, car rentals, rideshare services, trains, cruises, local transit purchases, and more.
If you travel often and love trying out new restaurants, these categories give you a great opportunity to earn even more United miles.
All Other Purchases
You’ll also earn 1x mile per $1 spent on all purchases outside of the cards bonus categories.
Know another United frequent flyer that you think would love the United Club Infintie card? Chase allows cardholders to refer their friends and family to apply for the card, and if they’re approved you’ll receive bonus miles for referring them. Cardholders can receive up to 10,000 miles per referral, and earn up to 50,000 miles each year from referrals.
United Shopping Portal
Shopping portals are a great way to earn extra rewards for all of the online shopping that you were planning to do anyway. Fortunately, United has a MileagePlus Shopping program of its own that allows you to earn anywhere from 1x to 30x miles per $1, depending on the merchant, on all of your purchases.
United Dining Program
Through the United MileagePlus Dining program, you can link your United Club Infinite card and earn additional miles when dining at participating restaurants — these miles are in addition to the 2x you’ll earn for paying with your card!
Basic members in the program earn 1x mile per $2 spent, Select members earn 3x miles per $1 spent (to become Select you only need to opt-in to email communications), and VIP members earn 5x miles per $1 spent after reaching 11 qualified transactions in a calendar year.
Adding More United Cards
Depending on how frequent of a United flyer you are, you might find it worthwhile to hold multiple United credit cards to help you earn even more miles and receive additional perks.
For instance, small business owners might want to consider adding the United℠ Business Card to their wallet as well due to the fact that it offers 2 additional bonus categories to earn double miles on: gas stations and office supply stores.
The United Business card also offers perks like a $100 United travel credit after 7 United flight purchases of $100 or more each year, plus 5,000 bonus miles each year on your card anniversary when you have both the United Business card and a personal United card — like the United Club Infinite card.
Adding Chase Ultimate Rewards-Earning Cards
Those who hold premium Chase Ultimate Rewards-earning cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card, Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, or the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, can transfer their points over to United or one of the many other Chase transfer partners.
Holding Ultimate Rewards cards not only allows you to diversify your points-earning strategy but also opens up significantly more redemption options to you.
How To Use United Miles for Max Value
United and Star Alliance Award Tickets
If you’re looking to redeem your United miles for the maximum value possible, there is simply no better option than redeem them for award tickets with United or one of its Star Alliance partners.
Through this option, you can redeem your miles for business and first class tickets with world-class airlines like Singapore, ANA, and Lufthansa for a mere fraction of the normal cash price of the ticket.
Hot Tip: Check out some of our picks for the best ways to redeem your United miles for max value.
United Seat Upgrades
Paid cash for your ticket but want to use your miles to upgrade? No problem! Of course, you should keep in mind that the number of miles you’ll need to upgrade will vary based on your destination, seat type, and fare class you originally booked.
United Club Membership
United allows members to purchase a 1-year United Club membership starting at $650 or 85,000 miles. But given that the United Club Infinite card already comes with a complimentary United Club membership, you shouldn’t be considering redeeming your miles this way.
You could redeem miles to gift a United Club membership to a friend or family member, but since the redemption offers just 0.7 cents per mile in value, the value proposition is much lower than you could get for other redemptions.
You can purchase a monthly or yearly Wi-Fi pass using your miles, starting at 7,500 miles or $49 for a monthly North American Wi-Fi pass, and 10,500 miles or $69 for a monthly Global Wi-Fi pass.
Both options give you a value of just 0.6 cents per mile, so we highly advise against redeeming your miles this way.
Hotels, Rental Cars, and Cruises
Though United’s many partnerships with other travel companies, you’ll have the ability to redeem your United miles with various hotel groups, rental car companies, and cruise companies. However, each of these options will all give you a redemption value of less than 1 cent per mile, so you’d be much better off redeeming your miles for flights.
MileagePlus Awards Products
United offers a merchandise award portal where cardholders can redeem their miles for free products from a variety of merchants. But when you redeem your miles this way, they’ll be valued at just 0.3 cents per mile, making for a pretty poor value redemption.
Instead of purchasing products directly, United also allows members to use their miles towards gift cards with select merchants. But this option offers the same paltry 0.3 cents per mile in value, so we highly advise against it.
Finally, United offers members the option to redeem their miles for unique experiences like tickets to sporting events or concerts. The value for these redemptions can vary, but will almost always be worth less than 1 cent per mile.
Alternative Cards to the United Club Infinite Card
If you’re a frequent United flyer but aren’t interested in paying the high annual fee of the United Club Infinite card, then the United Quest card is a happy medium. It offers 3x miles per $1 on United purchases, and 2x miles per $1 on travel, dining, and streaming purchases. Plus it offers many of the benefits that the United Club Infinite card offers like free checked bags, priority boarding, and complimentary premier upgrades.
If you want a premium card with ultra-premium perks like airport lounge access, all while earning transferable points, then the Amex Platinum card might be the perfect card for you. Not only does the card earn 5x points per $1 on airfare (up to $500,000 per calendar year), but you also receive airport lounge access to 6 different lounge networks, Hilton and Marriott elite status, Saks Fifth Avenue credits, and much more. Terms apply and some benefits require enrollment.
Frequently asked questions
What credit score do I need for the United Club Infinite card?
There is no set credit score that you need in order to be approved for the United Club Infinite card. Your approval will be based on a variety of factors like your stated income, years of credit history, and the number of new accounts you’ve opened recently. However, as long as your credit score is 720 or higher, you should have good approval odds.
What is the credit limit of the United Club Infinite card?
Since the United Club Infinite card is a Visa Infinite card, approved applicants will have a starting credit limit of at least $5,000, but might be much higher depending on qualifying factors like your credit score and income.
Does the United Club Infinite card earn Premier Qualifying Points?
Yes, the United Club Infinite card earns 500 Premier Qualifying Points (PQPs) for every $12,000 spent on the card, up to a maximum of 3,000 PQPs each year.
Is the United Club Infinite card worth it?
If you’re a frequent United flyer and want benefits like a complimentary United Club membership, free checked bags, United Premier Access, and the ability to spend your way to higher levels of elite status, then yes, the United Club Infinite card would definitely be worth it to you.
Is the United Club Infinite card metal?
Yes, the United Club Infinite card is metal.
What is the best United Airlines credit card?
The “best” United Airlines card is whichever card makes the most sense for your personal travel needs.
If you are a United loyalist and frequent flyer that wants United Club access, then your best and only option is the United Club Infinite card.
If you don’t fly all that much prefer a lower annual fee card that offers many of the benefits you’d receive from low-level elite status with United, then select the United℠ Explorer Card.
Those that want a middle-of-the-road card that charges a higher than average annual fee, but packs a lot of great United perks and benefits, will find the United Quest card to be the perfect fit.