Table of Contents
We received nearly 3,000 submissions and the competition to choose the best entrant was fierce, but we have made our decision! We are thrilled to announce that we have selected the winner of our Get Paid to Take a Virtual Vacation: Shay Blache!
Shay’s passion for travel was clear through her competition submission. Her love of food, experiencing new cultures, and overcoming her fear of water to travel to new places. From the local fashion boutiques to music coming from every street corner, Shay takes in every detail of her surroundings as she travels, and we’re thrilled to offer her the opportunity to take a virtual vacation to tide her over until travel is safe again and save up for airfare in the process!
As the quarantine for the COVID-19 pandemic continues, people are getting very creative about how they stave off cabin fever. One way that museums, theme parks, and other businesses are helping to keep people sane is by creating virtual tours that can give people a break from reality and help them scratch that travel itch. From Disney World to the Louvre to the Great Wall of China, the world has been made accessible through your computer screen. It might not be the same as a real trip, but it’s certainly great for daydreaming. We’re all going a little stir crazy, so we’ve been diving headfirst into these virtual tours and we’ve all picked our favorites. Which inspired us to do a little project.
We’re looking for someone to help us determine which of these virtual tours are the best ways to escape our quarantine cabin fever. We’ll be enlisting someone to take 10 virtual tours, review their best features, and pick one as their dream destination once it’s safe to travel again. In return, we’ll be awarding the person $1000 in cash that can be put towards their dream trip!
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for someone with a healthy amount of wanderlust to select 10 virtual tours from our list and write reviews about them.
The ideal applicant will have:
- An overall love of travel and culture
- A passion for art, exploration, and adventure
- Strong attention to detail – nothing gets past you!
- The ability and availability to take 10 virtual tours within a month
- Active social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter
Additionally, applicants must be 18 years or older and a US citizen or permanent resident to apply.
What You’ll Need To Do
We will provide you with a comprehensive list of virtual tours. From that list, you will need to select 10 locations that you want to potentially visit. As you take the tours, we will ask you to fill out a worksheet that includes questions such as the following:
- Why you chose that particular place to explore virtually
- What you found most striking about the location
- Whether or not you would travel to the place based on the virtual tour
- Your overall experience with the virtual tour
You’ll receive a separate form to complete for each tour you take. All tours will need to be taken and all worksheets will need to be completed by July 30, 2020.
What You’ll Get
The prize will be a $1,000 payment that can be put towards a real-life trip to your favorite virtual tour location if you choose, but it’s not required!
How To Apply
Fill out the application below and tell us why you’re the perfect person for this job. Applicants’ level of enthusiasm for travel will be a strong factor for consideration, so tell us why you are the best person to evaluate these virtual tours. We’ll select and notify the winner by July 3, 2020.
Terms & Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is Upgraded Points whose principal office is located at 411 W Monroe Street, Austin, Texas 78704.
- Employees of Upgraded Points or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.UpgradedPoints.com. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on Upgraded Points’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that Upgraded Points can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be June 30, 2020. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be at the discretion of Upgraded Points. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks designated by Upgraded Points. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them, they will not receive the cash prize of $1,000.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 3 days at the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 1 day of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner specifically acknowledges that the welcome package shall be provided and fulfilled by UpgradedPoints, and that the contest is in no way affiliated with the tours or businesses included in the contest.
- Upgraded Points will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner will receive a welcome package in the mail.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and Upgraded Points reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
- 411 W Monroe Street, Austin, Texas 78704.
- Upgraded Points’ decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.