Update: Some offers mentioned below for the JetBlue Card and JetBlue Plus Card are no longer available.
JetBlue has one of the most clear-cut baggage policies of all the airlines, with fees sitting right at the average comparatively.
They also have a fairly generous free baggage policy for Active Duty US Military Personnel and their dependents.
Table of contents
Table of Contents
JetBlue Carry-On Allowance
1 personal item: FREE
1 standard carry-on bag: FREE
- Personal: 17 x 13 x 8 inches (43.2 cm x 33 x (20.32 cm)
- Standard: 22 x 14 x 9 inches (55.88 x 35.56 x 22.86 cm)
JetBlue does not have a weight restriction for carry-on items but states that you should be able to lift them into the overhead compartment unassisted.
Lap Infant Carry-On Policy
- A lap infant may bring one 1 diaper bag.
Stroller Check Policy
- JetBlue offers a courtesy gate-check of strollers, car seats, child carriers/backpack carriers, and booster seats, or these items can be checked at a JetBlue check-in desk free of charge.
JetBlue Checked Baggage Allowance
All checked bags must adhere to a max weight of 50 pounds (23 kg); must adhere to max linear dimensions per bag up to 62 linear inches (158 cm). Passengers can book up to 2 bags in advance, subsequent bags can only be added at the airport.
|Fare||1st Bag||2nd Bag||3rd+ Bags|
|JetBlue Plus card member||FREE||$45||$150|
Additional/Excess Baggage Fees
Additional Piece (3+ pieces): $150 ea.
Overweight Fee (51 – 99 pounds): $150
Oversized Fee (63 – 80 inches): $150
For baggage fees related to special luggage (sporting equipment, musical instruments, etc.) please refer to JetBlue’s policy here.
Can I Pre-pay for Baggage?
JetBlue does allow passengers the ability to pre-pay for luggage online or via the mobile app where bags can be added for $1 cheaper than the advertised fees.
Here are the ways you can pre-pay:
- Log in to your booking through the ‘Manage your flight’ area of the JetBlue website
- Download and log in to the JetBlue app
- Cheaper fees are also applicable by adding baggage using an airport kiosk
Credit Cards That Give You A Free Checked Bag With JetBlue
Barclays has 2 co-branded credit cards with JetBlue that provide a free checked bag. Check out the details below:
|Credit Card||Checked Bag Benefit Details|
|The JetBlue Plus Card||One free checked bag for you and up to 3 companions on your itinerary|
|The JetBlue Business Card||One free checked bag for you and up to 3 companions on your itinerary|
Credit Cards That Reimburse You For Checked Bag Fees
You can also use several credit cards that reimburse checked bag fees. You can even use the cards below in conjunction with the JetBlue cards if you need more than 1 checked bag.
|Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card - This no annual fee card comes with a 20,000 mile welcome bonus (worth $200) once you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months. When you use your card for travel purchases (e.g. baggage fees), use your miles to pay off all, or part of, your statement! This is why we like this card.|
|Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card - The "big brother" card to the VentureOne® with a larger 50,000 welcome bonus (worth $500), when you spend $3,000 within the first 3 months.|
Exclusions & Waivers
TrueBlue Mosaic members receive free first & second checked bags as do any travel companions on the same booking.
U.S. Military and dependents:
- Travel on Military Orders:
- Active military personnel and their dependents: traveling (domestic and international) on military orders are allowed to check five (5) bags at no additional cost.
- Leisure Travel:
- Active military personnel and their dependents: traveling (domestic and international) for leisure are allowed to check two (2) bags at no additional cost.
- Please note: Dependents MUST travel on the same PNR or same flight as the active military personnel.
These customers must present their military orders and DoD Common Access Card (identification).