Update: Some offers mentioned below for the JetBlue Card and JetBlue Plus Card are no longer available.
JetBlue has one of the most clear-cut baggage policies of all the airlines, with fees sitting right at the average comparatively.
They also have a fairly generous free baggage policy for Active Duty US Military Personnel and their dependents.
Table of Contents
JetBlue Carry-On Allowance:
1 personal item: FREE
1 standard carry-on bag: FREE
- Personal: 17″ x 13″ x 8″
- Standard: 22″ x 13″ x 9″
Lap Infant Carry-On Policy
- A lap infant may bring one (1) diaper bag, one (1) stroller and one (1) car seat.
JetBlue Checked Baggage Allowance:
All checked bags must adhere to a max weight of 50lb; must adhere to max linear dimensions per bag up to 62 linear inches.
|Fare||1st Bag||2nd Bag||3rd+ Bags|
Lap Infant Checked Bag Policy
- Lap infants that are traveling at no cost do not qualify for the checked baggage allowance.
Additional/Excess Baggage Fees:
Additional Piece (3+ pieces): $100 ea.
Overweight Fee (51lb – 99lb): $100
Oversized Fee (63″ – 80″): $100
Credit Cards That Give You A Free Checked Bag With JetBlue
Barclays has 3 co-branded credit cards with JetBlue that provide a free checked bag. Check out the details below:
|Credit Card||Checked Bag Benefit Details|
|The JetBlue Plus Card||One free checked bag for you and up to 3 companions on your itinerary|
|The JetBlue Card||One free checked bag for you and up to 3 companions on your itinerary|
|The JetBlue Business Card||One free checked bag for you and up to 3 companions on your itinerary|
Credit Cards That Reimburse You For Checked Bag Fees
You can also use several credit cards that reimburse checked bag fees. You can even use the cards below in conjunction with the JetBlue cards if you need more than 1 checked bag.
|Credit Card||Fee Reimbursement Details|
|💳 Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite MasterCard®|
|💳 Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express|
|💳 The Platinum Card® from American Express|
|💳 The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve℠|
|Citi Prestige Card|
Exclusions & Waivers:
TrueBlue Mosaic members receive free first & second checked bags; any additional bags are $100 each.
U.S. Military and Family (Dependents), Active Duty: U.S. Military personnel and their dependents only. These customers must present their military orders and DoD Common Access Card (identification).
- Travel on Military Orders:
- Active military personnel traveling (domestic and international) on military orders are allowed to check five (5) bags at no additional cost.
- Dependents traveling (domestic and international) on military orders are allowed to check five (5) bags at no additional cost.
- Please note: Dependents do not have to travel with the active military personnel.
- Leisure Travel:
- Active military personnel traveling (domestic and international) for leisure are allowed to check two (2) bags at no additional cost.
- Dependents traveling (domestic and all international) for leisure are allowed to check two (2) bags at no additional cost.
- Please note: Dependents MUST travel on the same PNR or same flight as the active military personnel.