Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Greek carrier Aegean is offering a sale on economy tickets for all international flights to, from, or through Greece.
With this promotion, you can get up to 50% off the price of your ticket — but you’ll need to book pretty quickly.
Here’s a look at everything you’ll want to know about Aegean’s latest sale!
Up to 50% off Aegean Economy Flights
If you book a round-trip or one-way Aegean ticket between now and November 5, 2023, you can get up to 50% off the base fare and fuel surcharges on economy class tickets (the sale is not valid for business class tickets) for travel between December 15, 2023, and January 15, 2024.
However, the discount doesn’t apply to additional taxes and fees, which often make up a large portion of a ticket’s final price.
This promotion is tiered based on fare class:
- Tickets booked in the B or Y fare classes will receive a 10% discount
- Tickets booked in the Q, H, or M fare classes will receive a 15% discount
- Tickets booked in the S, K, L, or V fare classes will receive a 30% discount
- Tickets booked in the P, U, or T fare classes will receive a 50% discount
Here’s an example of what you can book with the sale:
In prior flash sales, Aegean has offered tiered discounts based on time of travel, so this time around it may be a bit more difficult to score the full 50% off on your ticket as it will be harder to pinpoint tickets that book into the correct fare classes. However, as you can see above, this sale still provides a way to save a decent amount of money on flights operated by the Greek carrier.
And there are a few more details you should be aware of before you click “book:”
- The sale is valid only on Aegean or Olympic Air-operated flights. Codeshare flights are not eligible for the discount.
- The sale applies to all nonstop or connecting flights that originate in, end in, or pass through Greece and is applicable to all of Aegean’s international destinations.
- Changes to tickets are permitted; cost will depend on fare class.
- Refund terms depend on fare class.
- The offer ends at 11:59 p.m. Greek time on November 5, 2023.
Hot Tip: To learn more about Aegean Airlines, read about what it was like to fly with the airline — and bid successfully for a business class upgrade!
Ultimately, not too many North Americans would be able to take advantage of a deal like this because it’s only valid for flights on the Aegean or Olympic network, which doesn’t include any long-haul flights.
Despite all of this, if you happen to be traveling in the region and need flights to get to a destination within the carrier’s network, this is a nice sale that shouldn’t be overlooked — we’ll never say “no” to discounted airfare!
Featured Image Credit: Daniel Ross
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.