Edited by: Nick Ellis
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Alaska Airlines has announced several new routes that will link cities across the West Coast to the Caribbean and Mexico. This is a significant huge expansion for the airline and it’s great news for flyers in the Pacific Northwest and on the West Coast who will soon have even more opportunities to fly nonstop to popular beach destinations.
These new routes will commence this winter and will be operated by a couple of different aircraft types.
Here’s what you should know about these exciting new routes.
Alaska’s New Winter Routes
Here are the new routes Alaska is launching:
- Las Vegas (LAS) to Los Cabos, Mexico (SJD)
- Las Vegas (LAS) to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico (PVR)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Nassau, Bahamas (NAS)
- Seattle (SEA) to Nassau, Bahamas (NAS)
Both Nassau routes will be operated by a Boeing 737, and the 2 routes to Mexico will be operated by the Embraer 175. Both aircraft will offer First Class, Premium (Alaska’s extra-legroom economy product), and Main Cabin seats.
All flights will commence on December 15, 2023, and will run through April 9, 2024, perfect for winter escapes from the U.S.
Here’s a look at the schedule of each of the new routes:
Flights between Las Vegas and Los Cabos will operate 4 times weekly. Flights will depart from Las Vegas on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, according to the following schedule:
- Depart Las Vegas (LAS) 11:30 a.m. — Arrive Los Cabos (SJD) 3:05 p.m.
- Depart Los Cabos (SJD) 4:05 p.m. — Arrive Las Vegas (LAS) at 5:50 p.m.
Flights between Las Vegas and Puerto Vallarta will operate 4 times weekly. Flights will depart from Las Vegas on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, according to the following schedule:
- Depart Las Vegas (LAS) 10:45 a.m. — Arrive Puerto Vallarta (PVR) 4 p.m.
- Depart Puerto Vallarta (PVR) 4:55 p.m. — Arrive Las Vegas (LAS) 6:25 p.m.
Flights between Los Angeles and Nassau will operate 4 times weekly. Flights will depart from Los Angeles on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, according to the following schedule:
- Depart Los Angeles (LAX) 10:40 a.m. — Arrive Nassau (NAS) 6:55 p.m.
- Depart Nassau (NAS) 11 a.m. — Arrive Los Angeles (LAX) at 2:20 p.m.
Flights between Seattle and Nassau will operate 3 times weekly. Flights will depart from Seattle on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays, according to the following schedule:
- Depart Seattle (SEA) 9 a.m. — Arrive Nassau (NAS) 6:15 p.m.
- Depart Nassau (NAS) 10 a.m. — Arrive Seattle SEA) 2:05 p.m.
Flights Are on Sale Now
All of these flights are on sale now, and there are special fares to celebrate:
- Fly between Los Angeles and Nassau for $169 each way
- Fly between Seattle to Nassau for $199 each way
- Fly between Las Vegas and Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta for $139 each way
If you’re looking to get away this winter, these new flights to sunny destinations will be a great way to warm up.
The departure times are especially great for tourists, as they allow for maximum time on the beach. If you’re interested in booking any of these, make sure to do so before the introductory fares go away!
Featured Image Credit: Ruth Peterkin via Shutterstock
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Travel is changing fast... Stay on top of all the points strategies, exclusive offers & pivotal news - and lock in huge savings along the way.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.