Amazon and Chase are teaming up for an offer of up to 50% off your next purchase with Amazon when using your Chase Ultimate Rewards points as a payment method — a great option for those who regularly shop with Amazon!
Let’s take a look at the details to see how you can save some money on your next Amazon purchase.
The promotion allows you to receive 50% off your Amazon order when using your Chase Ultimate Rewards points as a payment method, up to a maximum of $20 off your order. However, while you previously only needed to use 1 Ultimate Rewards point to trigger the offer, Chase now requires you to use 100 Ultimate Rewards points in order to receive the $20 discount!
Here are a few important terms and conditions to be aware of:
- This is a limited-time offer that will end on December 31, 2022, or at the time when 80,000 customers have redeemed the offer.
- This offer is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Chase Ultimate Rewards card issued in the U.S. and those who have not previously used Chase Ultimate Rewards points to pay for all or part of a purchase on Amazon.com.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they’re “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible.”
- Limit 1 promotion code per Chase Ultimate Rewards eligible card and Amazon.com account. Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content or Amazon gift cards.
- When redeeming points at checkout, each point is worth $0.008, which means that 100 points are equal to $0.80 in redemption value.
How To Use This Offer
If you haven’t already used one of these offers before, here’s a quick look at how to do so.
- First, add your Ultimate Rewards-earning card (Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Chase Freedom Flex℠, etc.) to your Amazon account as a payment method.
- Link your Chase Ultimate Rewards card to Amazon.
- Head to the promotion page and click Activate. We recommend doing so as quickly as possible as the promotion is only valid for a limited number of cardholders.
- Once you’ve activated the promotion, simply purchase any item that’s both shipped and sold by Amazon and you’ll receive the discount!
If you’re planning on doing any shopping with Amazon (and you haven’t used Ultimate Rewards points for Amazon purchases before), this is a great promotion to take advantage of. While it is not nearly as good as the previous promotion when you only needed to redeem 1 Ultimate Rewards point, redeeming 100 points for a $20 discount is still phenomenal value and gives you a whopping 20 cents per point towards your Amazon purchase.
Featured Image Credit:
Nattakorn via Adobe Stock
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.