Edited by: Stella Shon
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
There’s a new Amex Offer out that will save you quite a bit of money if you need to purchase a new ticket on Air New Zealand. Amex Offers are free to all American Express cardholders, and if you’re targeted, you can save $225 if you spend $1,250 or more on Air New Zealand airfare.
Air New Zealand Amex Offer Details
When you spend $1,250 or more on qualifying airfare through Air New Zealand through March 16, 2024, you’ll receive a $225 statement credit back.
There are a number of restrictions, however:
Like most Amex Offers, your purchase can be made in multiple transactions, though if you’re originating in the U.S. to fly down to New Zealand, your airfare will likely exceed $1,250 anyways.
- You must purchase your airfare on the Air New Zealand website, the Air NZ mobile app, or over the phone at 800-262-1234. Make sure your purchase is not done on any of Air New Zealand’s other country websites — your purchase must be from the U.S. version of the website to trigger the offer. In addition, purchases done at a ticket office, at an airport, or via a third party are not eligible. This includes travel agents.
- Your flight needs to begin in the U.S., so for those living in Australia and starting your journey from there, this offer won’t be as useful for you.
- The Amex offer is for airfare only, and can’t be used on an Air New Zealand miscellaneous expenses. This means these purchases don’t qualify:
- Air New Zealand Cargo
- Air New Zealand Explorer Pass
- Koru membership
- Koru guest passes
- Tandem Travel
- Bookings of events, tours, activities, hotels, cars, campervan rentals, or airport transfers through Air New Zealand
How to Access Amex Offers
To access Amex Offers, open up your American Express app or website and click the Offers tab. Search and see if you see an offer for Air New Zealand and then add it to your card. Keep in mind, the offer may show up on multiple cards — or no cards at all — and you’ll need to add it to your account in order for the savings to apply.
Hot Tip: Check out our definitive guide to Air New Zealand’s direct routes from the U.S. for inspiration on planning your next flight.
If you’re anticipating traveling down to New Zealand, book before March 16, so you can take advantage of this generous offer to get a $225 statement credit after spending $1,250 or more on airfare with Air New Zealand.
Featured Image Credit: Air New Zealand
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.