American Express has released a new Amex Offer, this time for a $400 statement credit after spending at least $2,000 (or more) on travel with Air Europa.
Let’s take a look at the offer.
Amex Offers are deals linked to your cards that allow you to earn statement credits or Membership Rewards points.
This offer, which can be added to your eligible American Express card via the Amex Offers tab in the app or on the Amex website, requires cardholders to spend $2,000 on a single purchase online with Air Europa. You’ll receive the $400 statement credit in your account a few weeks after purchase.
Upgraded Points staffers saw the offer on cards such as The Platinum Card® from American Express, meaning you’ll want to check across all of your Amex cards to see if you were targeted for the offer. Just make sure to click Activate Offer before your purchase because you won’t get credit for the spend if you don’t.
Terms and Conditions
Before making your purchase, there are several terms and conditions to keep in mind:
- You must book your flights by February 12, 2023.
- Your flights must originate in the U.S., including U.S. territories. Air Europa is a Spanish carrier, so the offer would be valid on a flight between New York (JFK) and Madrid (MAD) but not on flights originating in Madrid (or any other non-U.S. destination).
- The offer is valid for purchases made on flights, including food, beverages, and Wi-Fi.
- The offer is also on travel insurance and trip protection purchases.
- This offer excludes purchases in-person at the airport where Air Europa is not the merchant of record, lounges, and sales offices.
- Third-party purchases are excluded.
How To Use the Offer
Air Europa offers nonstop flights between New York (JFK) and Miami (MIA) to Madrid (MAD). Round-trip economy flights can cost as little as $400, so you won’t get much value from booking a coach ticket unless you’re booking several.
The cheapest business class flights on both routes still come in around $3,300 round-trip, but with the $400 credit, that could get your total cost to approximately $2,900. One-way flights from Miami to Madrid are as low as $2,100 in business class for February dates, which could be an easy way to take advantage of the offer if you have flexible travel plans.
Hot Tip: Check out our guide to the best current Amex Offers, featuring travel, dining, entertainment, and retail offers!
This deal won’t help much unless you book a round-trip (originating from the U.S.) business class fare. Still, it could make sense if you have a one-way trip to Spain planned. Either way, make sure to use the offer before February 12, 2023!
Featured Image Credit: