Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Amtrak is back with another flash sale, and you can save 25% on business class and coach tickets this fall and winter.
Here’s what you need to know.
Amtrak’s Flash Sale — The Details
This promotion is for 25% off Acela business class saver and coach saver fares.
You must register for the promotion by October 4, 2022, and travel from October 1 through December 15, 2022.
Note the following blackout dates: November 22 and 23, 2022, and November 26 and 27, 2022.
There are some other terms and conditions to keep in mind, including:
- Discounted one-way fares are available for adult passengers.
- No additional discounts will apply.
- Upgrades to sleepers, first class, or non-Acela business class aren’t permitted.
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Changes made to your ticket after booking may incur a 25% fee.
Further, the sale is not valid for the following trains:
- Auto Train
- Blue Water
- California Zephyr (intra-Illinois markets)
- Capitol Corridor
- City of New Orleans (intra-Illinois markets)
- Ethan Allen Express
- Heartland Flyer
- Illinois Zephyr/Carl Sandburg
- Keystone Service (between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh)
- Missouri River Runner
- Pennsylvanian Pere Marquette
- Southwest Chief (intra-Illinois; between Chicago and Kansas City)
- 7000-8999 Thruway Service
This means you’ll need to look carefully at your ticket because if you book on a route that isn’t participating in the deal, you won’t get the savings.
You can check out the deal here, and make sure to use the promo code S25L.
Here are some sample fares you can book:
- New York to Washington, D.C. on the Northeast Regional in coach for $28 one-way
- Denver to Salt Lake City on the California Zephyr in coach for $78 one-way
- Philadelphia to Boston on the Acela in business class for $135 one-way
How To Earn Amtrak Guest Rewards Points
Amtrak points aren’t the easiest to earn. Amtrak is refreshing its co-branded credit cards, and there are no cards available for application at the moment.
Amtrak also has a shopping portal that allows members to earn points by shopping at select retailers. This is an easy way to earn a nice chunk of points on your purchases. For instance, luxury brand Dior is offering 6x Amtrak points per dollar spent (up from 4x), while Bed Bath & Beyond is offering 3x points.
Hot Tip: Interested in Amtrak Guest Rewards status? Check out our complete guide!
This is a great way to save on Amtrak tickets, particularly on more expensive routes like the Acela corridor that runs between Washington, D.C., and Boston.
If you see a deal you like, make sure to register before October 4, and book before the sale ends on December 15, 2022!
Featured Image Credit: