Edited by: Stella Shon
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
The Ascend Hotel Collection, part of the Choice Privileges program, saw enormous growth in the first quarter of 2023 — with 11 new signings and openings.
Here’s a look at what’s new for the Ascend Hotel Collection. Plus, keep reading to learn what’s planned for the brand’s continued growth!
The Ascend Hotel Collection Continues To Grow in 2023
The Ascend Hotel Collection is an upscale brand of boutique hotels that reflect each destination with locally-inspired decor and amenities.
The brand saw huge growth in early 2023 with 7 new development agreements and 4 openings. With over 330 properties either open or in development, it’s regarded as the largest upscale soft brand collection in the industry. A soft brand is one that combines independent hotels with a hotel chain, allowing the hotel to retain individuality while enjoying the benefits offered by a large brand.
Ascend Hotel Collection Openings in Q1 2023
Here’s a look at some of the Ascend Hotel Collection’s recent openings:
- The Inn at Apple Valley – Located near Dollywood and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee, this hotel was originally a cattle ranch and then an apple orchard before transitioning to a hotel. Amenities include an on-site restaurant and heated indoor and outdoor pools.
- Abitta Boutique Hotel – Located in Condado, Puerto Rico, this hotel is within walking distance of Old San Juan. This 56-room art-deco/mid-century modern style hotel provides a cozy space complete with a beach club, outdoor pool and hot tub. Finally, with the bay view rooms, this hotel is within close proximity to Condado Beach.
- Casas de Suenos Old Town Historic Inn – With only 24 rooms, this charming hotel offers a secluded oasis in Albuquerque, New Mexico that’s still within walking distance to many of the city’s main attractions. Dating back to 1937, Casas de Suenos Old Town Historic Inn is on the National Register of Historic Places and the New Mexico State Register of Cultural Properties.
- Inn on the Square – Located in Greenwood, South Carolina, Inn on the Square features 2 on-site restaurants, Fox and Hound Lounge and Carriage House Restaurant. This 49-room hotel was originally built in the early 20th century and was turned into a hotel in 1985.
Ascend Hotel Collection Signings in Q1 2023
In addition to these recent openings, the Ascend Hotel Collection has new hotels that will be debuting soon:
- Mayfair Hotel in New York City
- CityFlats hotels in both Grand Rapids and Port Huron, Michigan
- A property in Ellicottcottville, New York
- California locations, including San Francisco and Livermore
How to Book the Ascend Collection Hotels With Points
The Ascend Hotel Collection is part of the Choice Hotels family of brands. That means that guests can earn and redeem Choice Privileges points at these properties. While Choice Privileges doesn’t get the fanfare associated with larger programs, it can still offer good value, especially for budget travelers.
Choice Privileges points can be earned in many ways including through hotel stays, credit card spending, or by transferring from Citi Thank You Rewards (1:2 ratio), American Express Membership Rewards (1:1 ratio), Capital One Miles (1:1 ratio), or Radisson Rewards Americas (2:1).
The Ascend Hotel Collection saw huge growth in the first quarter of 2023 and is continuing to expand. In short, the group is solidifying its spot as the largest upscale soft brand collection in the industry. They offers guests unique and independent hotels in destinations across the globe that can be booked with Choice points.
Featured Image Credit: Ascend Hotel Collection
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.