Edited by: Nick Ellis
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Heads up if you’re a Radisson Rewards Americas member: the program has integrated with Choice Privileges as of July 18, 2023.
Here’s what you need to know.
Integration Starts July 18
Radisson Rewards Americas has emailed its rewards members notifying them that the program will begin integrating with Choice Privileges on July 18, 2023. Radisson Rewards Americas members will no longer be able to earn, redeem or transfer Radisson Rewards Americas points which will be transferred to your Choice Privileges account.
This news doesn’t come as a huge surprise. Last year, we learned that Choice Hotels International had acquired Radisson Hotel Group Americas in a blockbuster $675 million deal. Since then, the 2 programs have been working on the nuances of the deal. Choice says nearly 600 Radisson hotels will be integrated into the Choice Privileges program “by the end of the summer.”
Full integration is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
For Radisson Rewards Americas members, this will mean:
- You’ll receive 1 Choice Privileges point for every 2 Radisson Rewards Americas points in your account by the date of the integration
- If you have elite status in either program, you’ll receive that status in Choice Privileges
- Radisson will combine any Elite Night Credits you may have in your account with any in your Choice Privileges account
- If your total Elite Night Credits are enough to move you into a higher tier, you’ll receive that tier in Choice Privileges
- If you’ve already made a points-eligible reservation for a stay after July 18, 2023, you’ll earn Choice Privileges points for that stay. Award nights will also be honored
“Our proven expertise in integrating hotel brands is enabling us to complete the onboarding of the Radisson Americas properties onto our industry-leading business platform well ahead of plan,” said Choice Hotels President and CEO Pat Pacious in a statement. “Complete integration of the nearly six hundred hotels will enable us to help drive their performance and profitability to the next level.”
This is exciting news, especially considering how large Choice is. The chain has more than 7,400 hotels across 45 countries and territories. You’ve probably stayed in a Choice hotel even if you didn’t realize it — Quality Inn, Cambria Hotels, Econolodge, and Ascend are all under the Choice umbrella.Hot Tip:
Learn all about Choice Hotels’ brands in our complete guide.
Luckily for Radisson loyalists, you won’t have to do anything but wait for your account to be merged with Choice, which will take into account any points or elite status you may have.
Featured Image Credit: Radisson Hotels Americas
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.