Edited by: Juan Ruiz
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
There’s a cheap deal on Avianca between Los Angeles (LAX) and San Salvador (SAL), the capital and largest city of El Salvador, in lie-flat business class. Even better, it’s under $1,000 round-trip!
Let’s take a look.
Fare Deal — Details
The flights are operated on Avianca’s Airbus A320-200 aircraft, which offers lie-flat seating for the 5-hour flight. One leg is operated in a 2-2-2 configuration while the other is in a 1-2-1 configuration.
Recently, we reported that Avianca — Colombia’s flag carrier — would bring back business class service on select routes within the Americas, and this route appears to be one of them.
Take a look at dates on Google Flights and then book directly with Avianca for the best deal. You’ll find slightly cheaper prices with other online travel agencies (OTAs), but you should book directly in case your travel plans change.
- Class: Business Class
- Route: Los Angeles (LAX) to San Salvador (SAL)
- Dates: January 2024
- Rates: As low as $811 round-trip
How To Book
There’s solid availability in January, which is perfect if you want to travel soon within the next month.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
This is an excellent deal, especially given the lie-flat seating on Avianca’s Airbus A320. You might not have considered San Salvador as a travel destination, but it’s a city with a fantastic food, arts, and culture scene — plus some of the most affordable points hotels in Central America!
Featured Image Credit: Avianca
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.