Edited by: Stella Shon
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
We have some great news if you want to visit Greece later this year. There’s an excellent flight deal to Athens for under $1,000 round-trip — and it’s in premium economy!
Let’s take a look at this fantastic deal.
Fare Deal — Details
This deal is operated on Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)‘ premium economy product between New York (JFK) and Athens (ATH). All flights will include a layover in a Scandinavian city, such as Copenhagen (CPH).
You can play around with dates on Google Flights and book directly through SAS. Make sure to select “SAS Plus Smart” for the premium economy option if you’re booking through Google Flights.
- Class: Premium economy
- Routes: New York (JFK) to Athens (ATH)
- Dates: October 2023 to March 2024
- Rates: As low as $818 round-trip (when booked through Google Flights)
Best Ways to Book
You should be able to find availability between the fall of 2023 and the spring of 2024, with the best months to find the cheapest tickets being January and February 2024.
After you’ve picked dates, you’ll want to book your flight using a credit card that rewards you for travel purchases. Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
While air travel has been in the news lately due to high prices, this deal shows that cheap flights are out there as long as you’re willing to look. If you’re interested in visiting Athens or checking out SAS’s premium economy, make sure to book before it’s too late!
The information regarding the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit: SAS
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Travel is changing fast... Stay on top of all the points strategies, exclusive offers & pivotal news - and lock in huge savings along the way.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.