Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
São Paulo, Brazil is one of South America’s most popular travel destinations, and now there’s a way to fly there in style at a significant discount.
Let’s take a look at this fantastic deal!
This deal is for premium economy tickets. On Delta, this product is known as Premium Select, and seats are arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration on the Boeing 767-400, the aircraft that operates flights between New York (JFK) and São Paulo (GRU). Passengers sitting in Premium Select can also access SkyPriority privileges, which means a more premium airport experience, among other things.
You can play around with dates on Google Flights and then book directly through Delta or an online travel agency (OTA).
- Class: Delta Premium Select
- Routes: New York (JFK) to São Paulo (GRU)
- Dates: September 2023 to November 2023
- Rates: As low as $1,353 round-trip
Best Ways To Book
You can find the cheapest deals in October, but you’ll find pretty good availability throughout the fall of 2023. If booking directly through Google Flights, make sure to select “Delta Premium Select” and not Main Cabin, as the latter isn’t the premium option.
Once you’ve decided on your dates, make sure you pay with a card that rewards you for travel purchases. Here are some of our favorites here at Upgraded Points:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: 2x SkyMiles per $1 spent on Delta purchases
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card: 3x SkyMiles per $1 spent on Delta purchases
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: 3x SkyMiles per $1 spent on Delta purchases
As a SkyMiles Member (without elite status), you would earn 6,360 SkyMiles, 9,490 MQMs, and $1,272 MQDs on this flight.
This is a good deal for South America, especially for a nonstop flight in premium economy.
The information regarding the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, click here.
For rates and fees of The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card, click here.
For rates and fees of Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, click here.
Featured Image Credit: Delta Air Lines
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Travel is changing fast... Stay on top of all the points strategies, exclusive offers & pivotal news - and lock in huge savings along the way.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.