If you’re flying in one of Delta Air Lines‘ premium cabins this fall, you’re in for a treat. Delta has partnered with a number of New York City-based restaurants in offering high-quality food onboard. These refreshed meals begin September 2021 on select Delta One and first class routes.
Table of Contents
- What Routes Will the New Dining Options Be Available On?
- From Los Angeles (LAX) to Boston (BOS), New York (JFK), and Washington, D.C. (DCA)
- From New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX), San Fransisco (SFO), and Seattle (SEA)
- From San Francisco (SFO) to Boston (BOS) and New York (JFK)
- From Seattle (SEA) to Boston (BOS) and New York (JFK)
- Other Delta Premium Cabin Routes
- Dining Changes on Other Airlines
- Final Thoughts
What Routes Will the New Dining Options Be Available On?
From Los Angeles (LAX) to Boston (BOS), New York (JFK), and Washington, D.C. (DCA)
Traveling through L.A. on Delta One and first class, you’ll find some great fare at Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo’s appropriately-named restaurant Jon and Vinny’s.
Here’s a sampling of what they’ll be cooking up for Delta:
- Vegetarian pearl couscous salad
- Hot pork shoulder sandwich
- Caramelized red onion and rosemary focaccia.
From New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX), San Fransisco (SFO), and Seattle (SEA)
Famed chef Danny Meyer’s Union Square Events is catering select Delta One and first class flights from New York (JFK).
You’ll be able to enjoy items like:
- Braised short rib with cheesy twice baked potato
- Spinach and goat cheese frittata served with bacon and hash browns
Union Square Events is actually anticipated to be doing so much catering for Delta that it’s opening up a new 70,000-square-foot catering facility in Brooklyn.
From San Francisco (SFO) to Boston (BOS) and New York (JFK)
Opa! Delta is introducing Greek-inspired dishes from Brooklyn restaurant Souvla for Delta One and first class.
Here’s a taste of what you can expect on board:
- Spit-roasted meat sandwiches
- Chicken salad
- Frozen Greek yogurt with vissino, a sour cherry syrup
From Seattle (SEA) to Boston (BOS) and New York (JFK)
Delta will be introducing new local options on flights departing from Seattle on Delta One and first class, including:
- Skagit River Farms Polish kielbasa with Beecher’s cauliflower mash
- Pan-roasted chicken with fingerling potatoes
- Skagit River Farms bacon
- Walla Walla caramelized onions in a kimchi butter sauce
For dessert, Delta is sourcing fresh bread and desserts from local bakeries — allowing almost the whole meal experience to be locally produced.
Other Delta Premium Cabin Routes
Flights over 1,500 miles Delta will be offering artisan sandwiches, salads, and bowls to Delta One and first class customers, with the addition of a new, refreshed snack basket to those in Delta One, first class, and Delta Comfort+.
Dining Changes on Other Airlines
United recently introduced hot meals in its premium cabins in June 2021 on hub-to-hub routes over 800 miles and all routes over 1,500 miles. United is currently the most generous of the “Big 3” airlines for onboard food service.
American currently offers fresh meal boxes on flights of over 900 miles and is transitioning to offering meals on these flights, though the specifics of which routes or qualifications of these meals aren’t known yet.
Airlines across the industry are improving their meal services onboard, thanks to the revival of travel. Delta is introducing 3 great new restaurant partners to its premium cabin menus, though the majority of folks who fly economy won’t benefit from these new changes.