Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Have you been dreaming about a trip to Dubai? Well, you can get there in style with this mixed-cabin itinerary from the West Coast.
Let’s take a look.
Fare Deal — Details
This is a deal operated by British Airways (and occasionally American Airlines) between West Coast cities Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), and Seattle (SEA) to Dubai (DXB).
This is actually a mixed-cabin itinerary, with the transcontinental legs in premium economy and the legs between London (LHR) and Dubai in economy. Still, a long-haul flight from the West Coast to the Middle East is a pretty solid deal.
You can play around with dates on Google Flights and book directly. However, make sure to book through American and not British Airways for the cheapest deals if booking through Google Flights.
- Class: Premium economy/economy
- Routes: Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA) to Dubai (DXB)
- Dates: October 2023 to March 2024
- Rates: As low as $1,319 round-trip (when booked through Google Flights)
Best Ways To Book
There’s wide availability from the West Coast to Dubai between September 2023 and April 2024, so you should have no trouble finding dates that work for you.
After you’ve settled on travel plans, you’ll want to book your flight using a credit card that rewards you for travel purchases. Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through AmexTravel.com (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through AmexTravel.com
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
While we would have preferred this to be an all-premium cabin flight, this is still an excellent deal to one of the most sought-after travel destinations in the world.
Like most deals, this can expire at a moment’s notice, so if you’re interested, make sure to book ASAP.
The information regarding the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit: David Dyson via British Airways
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.