Edited by: Juan Ruiz
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
How does an early 2024 trip to Berlin sound? Well, if you’ve wanted to visit Germany — and fly in business class on the way there — this flight deal under $2,000 might be worth considering.
Let’s take a look!
Fare Deal — The Details
This is a flight deal on Tap Air Portugal between Washington, D.C. (IAD) and Berlin (BER). As Portugal’s flag carrier, you’ll have a stop in Lisbon (LIS) each way, and you may be able to extend your stay in that city, depending on your travel dates.
The long-haul flights between the U.S. and Portugal are in Tap Air Portugal’s Airbus A321neo and A330neo business class products, which include a lie-flat seat, elevated dining, and lounge access.
You can play around with some dates on Google Flights and then book directly through the airline or an online travel agency (OTA) such as Expedia or Priceline. You’ll find cheaper rates on a lesser-known OTA (starting at $1,700), but if you want peace of mind, should you need to change or cancel, you might want to avoid this option.
- Class: Business Class
- Route: Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Berlin (BER)
- Dates: Select dates between January 2024 and May 2024
- Rates: As low as $1,875 round-trip
Before your flight, please read our guide on TAP Air Portugal’s baggage fees!
How To Book
This route has pretty solid availability, though pricing may fluctuate depending on when you want to travel.
Once you’ve selected travel dates, you’ll want to consider which credit card you will use. Make sure to book your ticket with a credit card that rewards for flights or general travel purchases. Some of our favorites at Upgraded Points include:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
This is a cheap business class ticket to one of Europe’s most popular destinations, and there’s widespread availability. However, like many deals, it probably won’t last forever, so if you want to visit Berlin, you’d better book soon!
Featured Image Credit: Stefan Widua on Unsplash
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.