Edited by: Stella Shon
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
By now, everyone is well aware of the sweeping changes Delta made to the way flyers now earn Medallion status within its SkyMiles program.
In the new normal, the only way to qualify for elite status with the airline is to earn certain amounts of Medallion Qualification Dollars, known as MQDs. (In the past, it was a combination of MQDs earned as well as miles or segments flown).
Currently, Delta’s offering a chance to get closer to Medallion status a little bit quicker with a new promotion that will award bonus MQDs on specific flights.
Let’s take a look at all the details!
Limited Time: Earn Bonus MQDs on Pacific Northwest Flights
As reported by Frequent Miler, if you book by February 1, 2024, for travel between February 2 and March 15, 2024, you can earn up to 20% bonus MQDs on select Delta flights to and from the Pacific Northwest.
Here’s how this promotion breaks down:
- Earn 10% bonus MQDs on select economy class flights to/from the Pacific Northwest (basic economy tickets are not eligible)
- Earn 20% bonus MQDs on select Comfort+ or first class flights to/from the Pacific Northwest
Find out how to earn Delta Medallion status — and whether it’s worth it — in our complete guide!
Note that to be eligible, you must register for the promotion first. Flights to and from the following cities to/from anywhere in the 50 U.S. are included in the offer:
- Boise (BOI)
- Eugene (EUG)
- Medford, Oregon (MFR)
- Pasco/Tri-Cities, Washington (PSC)
- Portland (PDX)
- Redmond, Washington (RDM)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Spokane (GEG)
Here are some other details you should be aware of before you book:
- Award tickets, Pay with Miles tickets, and Miles + Cash tickets qualify for the promotion
- Upgrades not purchased at check in (or at the gate) qualify for bonus MQD earning
- Travel with partner airlines — even if the ticket is marketed by Delta — are not eligible
- If an upgrade instrument is applied, bonus MQDs will be awarded according to the booking class
- If a given ticket involves multiple classes of travel, MQD earning will be pro-rated
If you’re a loyal Delta flyer who’s pursuing Medallion status, it’s absolutely worth registering for this promotion if you think you’ll be traveling to or from the cities participating in this promotion.
However, with only premium cabin tickets earning the full 20% bonus and only a handful of cities involved in the promotion, it may not be worth going out of your way to squeeze a trip in that you didn’t already have in the books.
If you do think you’ll be able to take advantage of the promotion, be sure to register before you book your flights!
Featured Image Credit: Thiago Trevisan / Adobe Stock
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.