We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
If you want to pick up some additional Etihad Guest miles, there’s an easy way to do so, but you need to act quickly. When you rent a car through Avis for 3 or more days, you’ll have the opportunity to earn 25,000 Etihad Guest miles. Cars need to be booked by October 31, 2022, so if you’re interested in this offer you want to do so ASAP.
What You Need To Know
- You need to book your car rental by October 31, 2022.
- You can pick up your car anytime between November 1, 2022, through December 23, 2022.
- Eligible destinations for pickup include all of the U.S. (excluding Alaska), Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia (excluding Oceania).
- In order to be eligible for this offer, you need to reserve a Group C car or above. This means you need to essentially reserve a mid-size class or higher; this isn’t the most expensive car, but isn’t the cheapest, either.
- So long as your rental is 3 consecutive days or more, you’ll receive the 25,000 bonus miles in your account.
- Making the deal even sweeter, you can save 15% off your rental if you’re an Etihad Guest member.
In order to book, head on over to the official promotion page.
It’s worth noting that miles will post to your account within 4 to 6 weeks from the end of the promotion.
One other important note is that you cannot book your rental using a corporate contract or government rate — you need to book it straight through the promotion website and there can’t be any additional discount. These corporate discounts often lower car rental rates significantly, but you’ll have to forgo such a discount here.
Earning Etihad Guest Miles at Avis
If you’re an Etihad Guest member, you already earn miles at Avis at the following rates (and this would be in addition to the 25,000 miles you earn):
SCROLL FOR MORE
|Earn per U.S. Dollar Spent||3 miles||3 miles||4 miles||5 miles|
|Co-branded Credit Card Members Earn per U.S. Dollar Spent||3.75 miles||3.75 miles||5 miles||7.5 miles|
|First Time Bonus||2,000 miles||3,000 miles||4,000 miles||5,000 miles|
|Earn on Ancillary Products||150 miles||150 miles||150 miles||150 miles|
|Avis Preferred Join Bonus||1,000 miles||1,000 miles||1,000 miles||1,000 miles|
Hot Tip: What can you do with 25,000 Etihad Guest miles? Fly off-peak in American Airlines economy from the U.S. to Europe, South America, or Asia! Get inspired in our guide to the best ways to redeem Etihad Guest miles for max value.
Earning 25,000 Etihad Guest miles for a 3-day car rental is quite the steal. Even if you don’t have a need for a car rental, it may be worth picking one up simply to earn the miles, though you’ll of course want to do the math to see if this makes sense. If you want to earn these miles, be sure to reserve your rental by the end of October 31!
Featured Image Credit: Avis
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.