IHG One Rewards is out with its latest promotion, and this one can earn you extra bonus points for more nights stayed, though it appears to be targeted to some users only. As with all promotions, you’ll want to check your email to see if you were targeted, and if not, call the IHG One Rewards customer service line to see if they’re able to assist.
The Earn up to 30K Points Promotion
This promotion is only valid for stays from September 1 to September 30, 2022, so you only have a month to maximize the offer. While the stays need to occur within the month of September, you can register for the promotion now on IHG’s website. On a technical note, there do appear to be some users who were targeted who are having issues registering for the offer, so you’ll want to dial up IHG if you’re having trouble entering your information.
The main goal of the promotion is to earn more points the more you stay:
- When you stay 5 nights in the month of September, you’ll earn 10,000 bonus points.
- When you stay an additional 5 nights, for a total of 10, during the month of September, you’ll earn an additional 10,000 bonus points for a total of 20,000 points.
- When you stay an additional 5 nights on top of that, for a total of 15, during the month of September, you’ll earn an additional 10,000 bonus points for a total of 30,000 points.
Assuming you maximize the promotion with 15 nights stayed, you’ll earn a total of 30,000 IHG One Rewards points. While this likely won’t be an issue for most, each night needs to exceed $30 in cost.
A few notes on this offer:
- Staying 15 nights within a single month is tough to do, even for the most serious of road warriors, so this is going to be a hard promotion to fully maximize unless you’ve got a long trip planned.
- 30,000 bonus points, while it seems like a lot, isn’t actually all that much in the grand scheme of things, since many IHG properties tend to cost a lot of points. Putting in 15 nights consolidated into 1 month to only earn 3,0,000 IHG points is likely not worth it for most travelers.
Hot Tip: Learn more about how to earn and redeem IHG One Rewards points in our detailed guides.
While it’s great to have the opportunity to earn more bonus points, this offer is tough to complete and there’s little reward for doing so. Of course, if you stay in IHG hotels a lot and have stays planned, you’ll likely pick up a few extra points for very little work.
Featured Image Credit:
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.