We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
IHG One Rewards is out with its latest promotion, and this one can earn you extra bonus points for more nights stayed, though it appears to be targeted to some users only. As with all promotions, you’ll want to check your email to see if you were targeted, and if not, call the IHG One Rewards customer service line to see if they’re able to assist.
The ‘Stay 2 Nights. Earn 3K Points. Repeat.’ Promotion
This promotion is only valid for stays from January 1 to February 8, 2023, so you only have about a month to maximize the offer. While the stays need to occur within the month of January and early February, you can register for the promotion now on IHG’s website.
The main goal of the promotion is to earn more points the more you stay:
- When you stay 2 nights during the promotion period, you’ll earn 3,000 bonus points.
- When you stay an additional 2 nights, for a total of 4, you’ll earn an additional 3,000 bonus points for a total of 6,000 points.
- When you stay an additional 2 nights on top of that, for a total of 6, you’ll earn an additional 3,000 bonus points for a total of 9,000 points.
Assuming you maximize the promotion with 6 nights stayed, you’ll earn a total of 9,000 IHG One Rewards points. While this likely won’t be an issue for most, each night needs to exceed $30 in cost.
A few notes on this offer:
- Staying 6 nights within a single month is likely easy to do, so this can be an easy promotion to fully maximize. Plus, it doesn’t need to involve separate stays. You can stay 1 long trip of 6 nights if you want.
- 9,000 bonus points, while it seems like a lot, isn’t actually all that much in the grand scheme of things, since many IHG properties tend to cost a lot of points. Putting in 6 nights consolidated into 1 month to only earn 9,00 IHG One Rewards points is likely not worth it for most travelers, so you won’t want to go out of your way with this offer.
- If you have been targeted for other offers, according to IHG, “Members who are invited to participate in this Offer may also participate in other IHG offers or promotions to the extent they qualify for such other offers or promotions.”
When booking a cash rate at an IHG hotel, make sure to also consider an IHG-branded credit card to earn up to 26x points at IHG properties!
While it’s great to have the opportunity to earn more bonus points, this targeted promo earns little reward for completing 6 nights of stays. Of course, if you stay in IHG hotels a lot and have stays planned, you’ll likely pick up a few extra points for very little work.
Featured Image Credit: IHG
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.