Chase and Instacart have teamed up to launch the first-ever credit card in the on-demand grocery delivery space, the Instacart Mastercard®. This new card is sure to provide quite a bit of value to Instacart customers.
Here is everything you need to know about the new card.
What Is Instacart?
If you’re not already familiar, Instacart is an on-demand grocery delivery service where you can get items delivered from over 40,000 stores in 5,500 cities across the U.S. and Canada.
All from the Instacart app on your smartphone, or web app, you can choose any items you’d like, receive real-time updates on your order, and receive same-day delivery, with fees starting at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35.
Instacart Card Details
The Instacart card will earn cash-back at the following rates:
- Earn 5% cash back on Instacart app and Instacart.com purchases
- Earn 5% cash back on travel purchased through the Chase Travel Center, including flights, hotels, and more
- Earn 2% cash back at restaurants, gas stations, and on select streaming services
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
This is a pretty impressive list of bonus categories, especially since you’ll earn an uncapped 5% back on all of your Instacart purchases. Since groceries represent a rather large expense for most households, this could amount to some serious cash-back savings each year.
All of your cash-back will be earned in the form of Instacart points, which can then be redeemed at a rate of 1 cent per point as a statement credit to offset card purchases, for travel purchases through Chase Travel, or for Instacart orders (this feature won’t be available until later in Fall 2022). Better yet, there is no minimum rewards balance needed to redeem, so you can use your points as often as you’d like.
Here’s a glance at all the benefits offered to cardholders:
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Purchase protection
- Extended warranty protection
- Baggage delay insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Roadside assistance
- Travel accident insurance
- Travel and emergency assistance services
- World Elite Mastercard benefits
Last but not least, all good credit cards must have a good welcome bonus, and the Instacart card delivers here.
- Get a free year of Instacart+ and a $100 Instacart credit automatically upon approval. Membership auto-renews. Terms apply.
Hot Tip: For more options, consider our guide to the best credit cards for groceries and supermarket spending.
While the Instacart card is a bit of a niche card and might not make much sense for you if you don’t regularly order through Instacart, we think it’s a pretty impressive product! It offers a great welcome bonus, a solid list of benefits, and 5% back on your Instacart orders, all for no annual fee. Given that, if you regularly do your grocery shopping through Instacart, this might be the perfect card to add to your wallet.
Featured Image Credit: