Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Now through March 29, 2022, you can save $100 off of Amtrak’s USA Rail Pass, allowing you to explore the country without having to purchase separate tickets. The USA Rail Pass can be significant savings off of the normal day-to-day coach ticket prices, and with this $100 savings, it’s a no-brainer if you’ve got some upcoming travel you want to do by train.
The USA Rail Pass allows passengers 10 rides (segments) over 30 days to over 500 destinations. The pass normally costs $499, so when you purchase by March 29, you’ll save $100 and your total will be $399. There’s nothing special you need to do to get the discount. Simply head on over to the purchase page.
There are a number of restrictions you should be aware of when you purchase this pass:
- It’s only valid for coach travel. If you like to sit in business class or a sleeper car, this isn’t the pass for you. Assuming you’re using it on long-distance trains, even though Amtrak’s seats are fairly comfortable, it will be a rough ride in coach, especially if you’re doing an overnight journey.
- The pass is not valid on the Acela or Auto Train. The Acela runs high-speed services between Boston and Washington D.C., while the Auto Train travels from Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL, where you can travel with your car.
- You can only do 4 one-way trips between the same city pairs, so don’t purchase this pass if you intend on commuting with it, or making a recurring trip to a specific city. The pass is intended for you to progress across the U.S. to see various cities and is not necessarily meant for 1 specific area or train. For example, if you travel between New York City and Baltimore 4 times, you then won’t be able to do any trip that passes through those city pairs, either.
- You’ve got 120 days to use the pass, and there is a process to change segments if you need to. Once you complete your first segment, you’ll have 30 days before the pass expires.
- Every time you travel a segment — meaning, when you get on the train to the time you get off that same train — it uses a segment. You’re allowed to use 10 segments on the entire pass. To get maximum value, you’ll want to travel on routes or trains that would ordinarily cost more than what the pass is worth. This may be the case on overnight long-distance services.
Seeing the U.S. by rail is one of the best ways to explore the country. Amtrak’s USA Rail Pass adds to that magic and makes traveling by train even cheaper. You’ll see towns and scenery that you can’t see by plane, and with up to 10 trains to travel on, you’ll definitely be able to see a lot!
Featured Image Credit:
How to Beat the Crowds & Lock In Affordable Travel While You Still Can...
With lockdowns ending, the demand for travel is surging to record levels - and so are prices.
We’ll show you the strategies and tools to unlock huge savings, but that window is closing fast - so you
need to get on this right now.
Download our last-chance playbook here:
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.