Hey Alaska Airlines fans—did you know you can earn extra Mileage Plan miles simply by shopping online? With just a few extra clicks, you can earn bonus miles thanks to the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan shopping portal!
This article will walk you through exactly how to navigate the Alaska Mileage Plan shopping portal to maximize your miles!
How to Log in
To receive Mileage Plan miles for your purchases, customers must first log in to the Alaska Mileage Plan shopping portal.
If you’re already a Mileage Plan member, you don’t need to create a separate login – you simply use the account you already have. If you are not an existing Mileage Plan member, you will need to create an account. You just have to answer a couple quick questions on 1 form, and it’s free to sign up!
Click either of the log in buttons, and you will be directed to a new page to log in or sign up.
Hot Tip: Use a site like CashBack Monitor to help you quickly find the shopping portal that’s offering the best deal for any particular store.
Basics of Using the Portal
Once you are logged in, you can browse retailers and special offers. There are tabs at the top of the Mileage Plan Shopping page for easy navigation.
Clicking on a retailer will show you the miles per dollar and additional current offers, if applicable. You can also find a brief overview of the company and purchase conditions.
If you want to shop with a specific retailer and receive your bonus miles, you must click the green “Shop Now” or “Shop Offer” button that will direct you to the retailer’s site. Then complete your purchase through the site.
Alaska Airlines will automatically track your purchase through cookies, so be sure they are enabled on your browser!
Once you make a qualifying purchase, Alaska credits the miles earned to your Mileage Plan account and sends you an email to confirm. This is usually completed within 5 business days.
Something to note: if you make a purchase through a retailer without going through the Alaska Mileage Plan portal, there is no way to retroactively apply your bonus points at this time.
If you click on the “Stores” tab, you can sort alphabetically, by earning rate, or simply search for a retailer you have in mind.
Occasionally, it is possible to earn even more bonus points through special shopping offers. These don’t happen all the time, but they are definitely worth keeping an eye out for!
For example, this autumn Alaska offered a 300-mile bonus on $150, a 750-mile bonus on $300 or a 1,500 bonus miles on $500 in spending.
Alaska Mileage Plan Shopping also offers a special “Deal of the Week” that highlights a specific retailer.
These generally involve a retailer issuing an increased number of Mileage Plan miles per dollar compared to what they typically offer. These special offers often only run for a week, so act quickly if you want the increased bonus!
For example, at the time of writing, Macy’s was highlighting a bonus to earn 4 miles per $1 rather than their normal offer of 2 miles per $1, plus $150 off select Garmin Styles.
Lastly, under the “Offers” tab, you can scroll down slightly to see a list where you can view the current sales and coupon codes for certain retailers.
There are currently over 850 retailers to choose from when shopping through the Alaska Mileage Plan Shopping portal; you may have noticed a few of them in the images above.
While you may not see offers as high as other shopping portals, if you’re collecting Mileage Plan miles it’s still a solid option since you can redeem Alaska’s miles for some great travel!
At the time of this writing, these were some of the better earning rates being offered:
- Magazines.com: 30X miles per $1
- McAfee.com: 20X miles per $1
- Send Flowers.com: 15X miles per $1
- Proactiv: 11X miles per $1
- CVS Photo: 10X miles per $1
- … and much more!
Mileage Plan Shopping Button
The Mileage Plan Shopping Button is a great tool to make sure you don’t miss out on those valuable miles. You simply download the browser extension that works with Chrome and a reminder will pop-up if you’re on a retailer’s website where you can earn miles. You just need to then click ‘Activate’ and you’ll earn miles automatically if you purchase anything from the retailer’s website. Pretty nifty!
To really boost your ability to earn Alaska miles, make sure you choose a credit card that can also boost your earning.
Bank of America Alaska Airlines Cards
You can also earn Alaska miles directly through their co-branded cards provided by Bank of America.
Marriott Credit Cards
You can earn Marriott points and transfer those to Alaska Airlines at a transfer rate of 3:1. Plus, for every 60,000 Marriott points that you transfer, you’ll receive an extra 5,000 Mileage Plan miles bonus.
Recommended Marriott Cards
|Credit Card||Benefits & Info|
|Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card|
(at Chase's secure site)
- Earn 3 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases.
- New Benefit! Earn 3X Bonvoy points per $1 on the first $6,000 spent in combined purchases each year on grocery stores, gas stations, and dining.
- New Benefit! Earn 1 Elite Night Credit towards Elite Status for every $5,000 you spend.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Card.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually, automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year, and path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Good to Excellent (670-850)
- Annual Fee: $95
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
(at Amex's secure site)
- Earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points and 1 Free Night Award after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program. 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy unlimited airport lounge visits when you enroll in Priority Pass™ Select membership.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Good to Excellent (670-850)
- Annual Fee: $450
- Terms Apply. For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card, click here.
If you’re an Alaska Airlines fan who collects Mileage Plan miles, using the shopping portal is an easy way to tack on a few more—especially if you get lucky and shop during a special bonus offer period!
It only takes a few extra clicks to log in, so check the Alaska Mileage Plan portal first if you’re shopping online! With all the popular retailers, your bonus miles should stack up quickly!