easyJet is another airline whose baggage fees are dependent upon which point in time you buy your allowance. This means you’ll save money if you purchase your bags online simultaneously with your ticket.
Table of contents
Table of Contents
easyJet Carry-On Allowance
1 “under seat bag”: FREE*
1 standard carry-on bag: FREE
*only for easyJet Plus cardholders, FLEXI fare, Up Front or Extra Legroom customers
- “Under Seat Bag”: 17.7 x 14.2 x 7.9 inches (45 x 36 x 20 cm)
- Standard: 22 x 17.7 x 9.8 inches (56 x 45 x 25 cm)
Lap Infant Carry-On Policy
- if you’re traveling with an infant (under 2) on your lap, you can bring one additional under seat bag
Stroller Check Policy
- A stroller and 1 other item such as a car seat can be checked at gate free of charge and will be available at the baggage reclaim at your destination.
easyJet Checked Baggage Allowance
*all checked bags must adhere to a max weight of 23 kg & max linear dimensions under 275 cm per bag
Checked Baggage up to 15 kg: £6.99 – £34.99 per bag
Checked Baggage 15 kg – 23 kg: £9.49 – £37.49 per bag
At the Airport – Bag Drop Counter:
Checked Baggage up to 23 kg: £40 per bag
At the Airport – At the Gate:
Checked Baggage up to 23 kg: £50 per bag
*Each passenger may purchase up to 3 hold bags
Additional / Excess Baggage Fees
- Each customer including children and infants can buy up to three hold bags. A standard hold bag is 23 kg. You can buy extra weight at £12 per 3 kg units, up to a maximum of 32 kg per bag (units only sold in 3 kg increments).
- Extra weight may be purchased at any time before arriving at the airport. If your hold luggage weighs more than your allowance when you arrive at the airport there will be a charge of £12 fee for each 1 kg of excess weight, per item, per flight.
- If you’re traveling with family or friends on the same flight and booking, you can pool your total weight allowance.
For baggage fees related to special luggage (sporting equipment, musical instruments, etc.) please refer to easyJet’s policy here.
Can I Pre-pay for Baggage?
easyJet does allow passengers the ability to pre-pay for luggage online or via the mobile app.
Here are the ways to pre-pay:
- Log in to the ‘Manage Bookings’ area of the easyJet website and choose the ‘Add hold luggage’ option.
- Download and log in to the ‘Manage Bookings’ area of the easyJet mobile app and choose the ‘Add hold luggage’ option.
Credit Cards That Reimburse You For Checked Bag Fees
easyJet is a popular way to hop around Europe, but checked bag fees can pile up. If you need a card to reimburse some of those fees, check out the cards below.
|Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card - This no annual fee card comes with a 20,000 mile welcome bonus (worth $200) once you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. When you use your card for travel purchases (e.g. baggage fees), use your miles to pay off all, or part of, your statement! This is why we like this card.|
|Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card - The "big brother" card to the VentureOne® with a larger 50,000 welcome bonus (worth $500) once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.|
Flexi Fare passengers receive 1 piece of checked baggage (23kg) within their booking.