easyJet is another airline whose baggage fees are dependent upon which point in time you buy your allowance. This means you’ll save money if you purchase your bags online simultaneously with your ticket.
It’s also important to note that easyJet’s max weight for a checked bag is 20kg (vs. the average 23kg). Be sure you’re in compliance with this lighter regulation unless you want to be charged pesky overweight fees.
easyJet Carry-On Allowance:
1 “under seat bag”: FREE*
1 standard carry-on bag: FREE
*only for easyJet Plus cardholders, FLEXI fare, Up Front or Extra Legroom customers
- “Under Seat Bag”: 45 x 36 x 20cm
- Standard: 56 x 45 x 25cm
Lap Infant Carry-On Policy
- if you’re traveling with an infant (under 2) on your lap, you can bring one additional under seat bag
easyJet Checked Baggage Allowance:
*all checked bags must adhere to a max weight of 20kg & max linear dimensions under 275cm per bag
Online: £13 – £30 per bag
At the Airport – Bag Drop Counter: £35 per bag
At the Airport – At the Gate: £45 per bag
*Each passenger may purchase up to 3 hold bags
Additional / Excess Baggage Fees:
- Each customer including children and infants can buy up to three hold bags. A standard hold bag is 20kg. You can buy extra weight in 3kg units, up to a maximum of 32kg per bag.
- Extra weight may be purchased at any time before arriving at the airport. If your hold luggage weighs more than your allowance when you arrive at the airport we charge you a £10 fee for each 1kg of excess weight, per item, per flight.
- If you’re traveling with family or friends on the same flight and booking, you can pool your total weight allowance.
Credit Cards That Reimburse You For Checked Bag Fees
easyJet is a popular way to hop around Europe, but checked bag fees can pile up. If you need a card to reimburse some of those fees, check out the cards below.
|Credit Card||Fee Reimbursement Details|
|Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®||Use your miles to cover any qualifying travel purchases of $100 or more, including baggage fees.|
|💳 Chase Sapphire Reserve℠||$300 travel credit per calendar year (covers all travel related purchases).|
|Citi Prestige Card||$250 air travel credit per calendar year (covers all travel related purchases)|
|Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card||$300 airline fee credit per calendar year (covers all travel related purchases)|
Exclusions & Waivers:
- none advertised