Etihad has a very straightforward baggage policy in terms of included allowance.
The cost of additional pieces and overweight/oversized luggage is more complex, with a more in-depth table presented on their website.
Etihad Carry-On Allowance:
1 personal item: FREE
# of Standard carry-on items:
- Economy: 1 bag, up to 7kg FREE
- Business & First Class: 2 bags, 12kg total FREE
- Personal: undisclosed
- Standard: 115 cm (40 x 50 x 25cm).
Lap Infant Carry-On Policy
- Allowed 1 bag, up to 5kg FREE
Etihad Checked Baggage Allowance:
All checked bags must adhere to a max weight of 23kg (50lb) for Economy & Premium Economy; 32kg (70lb) for Business and First Class fares
All checked bags must adhere to max linear dimensions of:
- To / from Brazil, Canada and the US: 158cm (50 x 70 x 38cm)
- To / from all other destinations: 207cm (45 x 72 x 90cm)
|To/From US, Canada, South America, Bermuda, Africa|
UK to / from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh
UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar or Saudi Arabia to / from Indonesia or the Philippines
|2 bags, up to 23kg ea.||2 bags, up to 32kg ea.||2 bags, up to 32kg ea.|
|UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar or Saudi Arabia to / from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Nepal||30kg||40kg||50kg|
|To / from all other destinations|
|Economy Deals & Economy Saver Fare Choices||Economy Classic & Economy Flex Fare Choices||2 bags, up to 32kg ea.||2 bags, up to 32kg ea.|
|1 bag, up to 23kg||2 bags, up to 23kg ea.|
Lap Infant Checked Bag Policy
- To / from weight concept markets: journeys between the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and the Indian Subcontinent (ISC)
- 1 bag, up to 10kg
- To / from piece concept markets: all other journeys
- 1 bag, up to 23kg
Credit Cards That Reimburse You For Checked Bag Fees
If you expect to have overweight or oversized checked bags, you have a few card options that will reimburse you for the fees.
|Credit Card||Fee Reimbursement Details|
|Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®|
Annual Fee: $0 for first year, then $89
|$100+ in baggage fees? Pay for them with Arrival+ miles.|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve℠ Card|
Annual Fee: $450
|$300 travel credit per calendar year|
|Citi Prestige Card|
Annual Fee: $450
|$250 air travel credit per calendar year|
|Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card|
Annual Fee: $450
|$300 airline fee credit per calendar year|
Additional / Excess Baggage Fees:
Additional bags can be purchased – price dependent on route/zone & number/ weight but range from $84-$320 per bag. Please see the following: Etihad excess baggage outlines.
- During booking, customers can purchase excess baggage on the website and secure a 20% discount on the excess baggage airport rates.
- Customers can also call the Contact Centre or visit the local Etihad Airwars offices to secure a 10% discount on the airport rates.
- Etihad Guest members can redeem miles for excess baggage here.
- To Note:
- Discounts are available up to 48 hours prior to flight departure.
- All excess baggage payments (fully or partially used) are non-refundable.
- Debit cards are not accepted via our Contact Centres.
Exclusions & Waivers:
Journeys on “The Residence”: Each guest is entitled to 4 pieces, up to 32kg each.
Etihad Guest members receive an additional 23kg bag or 32kg checked bag (dependent on fare/ class) at no extra cost.