We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Delta Air Lines is expected to open a new Sky Club in Las Vegas, a welcome addition to the airport where thousands of passengers transit annually to head into Sin City for shows, good food, conventions, weddings, and more. The Las Vegas Sky Club would be the latest addition to Delta’s Sky Club lounge network and could open as late as 2024.
Why Las Vegas?
Delta has a huge presence at Harry Reid International Airport (LAS). In fact, Delta has 43 flights a day out of the city, and Vegas is one of the largest cities it services that isn’t a hub.
There are just 4 lounges at Las Vegas’ airport, including a Centurion Lounge, The Club at LAS, a United Club, and a USO Lounge. By opening a lounge of its own, Delta is raising the bar over American Airlines (which does not have a lounge in the airport).
Las Vegas is an enormously important airport for airlines — there’s a constant stream of passengers wanting to visit the airport, and while it currently isn’t a hub airport to any legacy airline, each airline carries thousands of passengers daily. Las Vegas flights can bring big revenue to airlines with top-dollar fares during major conventions, such as the annual Consumer Electronics Show.
Hot Tip: Check out our guide to the best things to do in Las Vegas, including free attractions, kid-friendly activities, and day trips.
The new lounge is expected to be 16,500 square feet in size and would be located in the D gates, though the exact location hasn’t fully been revealed. The lounge is anticipated to open in an area that isn’t currently set up as a lounge space, so it will likely occupy a brand new area.
Unfortunately, not many details are available about the lounge and what it will feature, but based upon the amenities of other similar Sky Clubs we can expect:
- Complimentary snacks and beverages
- Ticketing assistance
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Televisions and newspapers
- Sofas and other seats
- Plenty of areas to charge up devices
Like all Delta Sky Clubs, there are a few ways you can enter:
- You can purchase an annual Delta Sky Club membership to have access to every Sky Club in the network, along with some partner lounges
- Cardholders of the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card or Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card receive complimentary Sky Club access (when flying Delta or a partner airline) with 2 annual guest passes*
- Cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, or Centurion® Card from American Express receive complimentary Sky Club access (when flying Delta)
- SkyTeam Elite Plus and Delta Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion members traveling in any cabin when on a SkyTeam international flight or connecting to/from a same-day international flight
- Delta One passengers when flying domestically or when connecting to/from an international flight
- SkyTeam premium cabin passengers when confirmed in the first or business cabin for the international segment of the journey
- Virgin Australia Velocity VIP Platinum or Gold card members and Virgin Australia business class passengers with a same-day international boarding pass for a Delta- or Virgin Australia-operated flight
*Effective 2/1/25, Reserve Card Members will receive 15 Visits per year to the Delta Sky Club; to earn an unlimited number of Visits each year starting on 2/1/25, the total eligible purchases on the Card must equal $75,000 or more between 1/1/24 and 12/31/24, and each calendar year thereafter.
Hot Tip: Our full list of Delta Sky Club lounges details the hours and amenities of each U.S. location.
An airline opening up a new lounge is always great news for travelers — this will allow more passengers to be able to access a quiet space before their flight to relax. Las Vegas is a very busy airport for frequent flyers, so having a spot to enjoy a drink and access complimentary internet will be the perfect way to spend time before boarding your flight.
Featured Image Credit: Delta Air Lines
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.