Edited by: Juan Ruiz
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Low-cost Frontier Airlines shared earlier this week the details of its forthcoming revamp of its Frontier Miles loyalty program.
“We are thrilled to announce some exciting new ways for our customers to ‘Get it All for Less’ when they fly with us,” said Barry Biffle, CEO, Frontier Airlines. “We are making the new Frontier Miles program like no other loyalty program in the airline industry when it comes to earning free flights and getting valuable status quickly and for less. If you are someone who travels three or four times a year, you can easily earn a free flight and status with great new benefits in no time.”
Let’s take a look at what’s in store for the Frontier Miles program next year!
Frontier Miles Gets an Overhaul for 2024
Similar to other programs across the industry, Frontier Miles is moving to a spend-based program next year. However, the airline is making it quite easy to earn miles within the program, thanks to the wide range of eligible spending activity.
Members will earn Frontier miles at a standard 10x per dollar based on the amount spent on various Frontier purchases, including flights, bag fees, seat selection fees, and bundles.
The 10x earning rate is already in effect, while the rest of the program changes, as you’ll see below, will be implemented in early January 2024, according to the airline.
New Status Tiers and How To Earn Elite Status
First, let’s talk about how status is earned. It all boils down to how much you spend with the airline — members will earn multipliers based on the level of status attained within the program. For example, top-tier status members can earn up to 20x miles per dollar spent.
Frontier is introducing a brand new entry-level tier to its program, allowing customers to achieve elite status with just $1,000 in eligible spending. This new tier program also comes with new tier names:
- Silver: Earned after 10,000 miles; 12x earnings multiplier
- Gold: Earned after 20,000 miles; 14x earnings multiplier
- Platinum: Earned after 50,000 miles; 16x earnings multiplier
- Diamond: Earned after 100,000 miles; 20x earnings multiplier
Elite members at any tier will receive the following benefits:
- Free advance seat assignment
- No change or cancellation fees as long as any alterations are made at least 7 days prior to departure (fare differences apply)
- Priority customer service
- Family points pooling
- Priority boarding
Here are some of the main advantages of each tier, but you can view the complete list of benefits in the airline’s provided graphic below:
- Gold members and above will receive free upgrades to premium seats, subject to availability
- Gold members and above receive free carry-on bags, while Platinum members can confer free carry-ons to all travelers on their reservation
- Platinum members and above can bring a pet in the cabin for free, subject to availability
- Platinum members and above receive a free checked bag, including golf, ski, or scuba gear
- Diamond members receive 2 free checked bags for themselves and all other flyers on their reservation
- Diamond members can gift Gold status; Platinum members can gift Silver
To celebrate the launch of the new Frontier Miles program, there’s an opportunity to earn 1 mile for every mile flown on top of the 10x miles you’ll earn on flights, bag fees, and more, through December 31, 2023.Hot Tip:
Frontier is offering a fast-track option to mid-tier Gold status for its Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® cardholders. Simply spend $3,000 on the Frontier Airlines World card between now and February 24, 2024, and you’ll be a Gold member for the entire 2024 year.
Just like most other airlines, low-cost Frontier Airlines is moving to a spend-based loyalty program starting next year. However, with a generous earning structure and valuable perks as you move up through the tiers, it could be a program worth exploring, especially if you reside near an airport with a robust Frontier flight schedule.
If you already fly with the airline regularly, achieving status with Frontier could be an excellent way to save money on the ancillary fees that the airline is notorious for charging, in addition to making your travel more flexible and hassle-free.
The information regarding the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit: donyanedomam / Adobe Stock
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.