With the Aeroplan eStore from Air Canada, you can earn bonus miles from your everyday online shopping.
Read on to find out how to log in and navigate the eStore to maximize those valuable bonus miles!
How to Log In
To log in to the eStore, you’ll need to be an Aeroplan member; if you don’t have an account yet you can sign up here.
If you already have an Aeroplan account, then fill in your membership number and last name to log in.
Hot Tip: You can browse available retailers without logging in to your account, but before you purchase anything, you will be prompted to log in so your purchase can be recorded.
Basics of Using the Aeroplan eStore
From the homepage, you have the option to browse featured offers from retailers with extra earning opportunities and seasonal promotions (such as Black Friday and other holiday offers).
You can also search for particular retailers using the search icon located top right of the homepage.
When you click through to a retailer’s page, you’ll see any current bonus mile offers, promotional deals, terms and conditions, and general information on the brand.
If you’re interested in shopping with the retailer, then click through the “Yes, shop now” button — you will be directed to the applicable website where you can browse as normal.
Once you make a qualifying purchase, Air Canada will credit the points to your Aeroplan account within 30 days. You will also receive a confirmation email.
If you don’t click through from one of the “Shop now” buttons, then your purchase won’t be recorded — there is no way to retroactively add a purchase to your account.
You can search for retailers using the Categories tab, where you can select new or popular retailers as well as a variety of categories such as “Electronics & Computers,” “Fashion & Accessories,” and “Sports & Fitness.” There are 170+ retailers to choose from.
It is possible to earn even more bonus points through special shopping offers, where retailers will offer a higher point earning than usual.
You can view these offers from the Special Offers tab, in addition to promotional deals such as percentage savings off their products and services.
There are currently over 170 retailers to choose from when shopping through the Aeroplan eStore Shopping portal; you may have noticed some well-known brands from the images above.
At the time of this writing, these were some of the better earning rates being offered:
- Nike: 5X miles per $1
- Under Armour: 10X miles per $1
- Dyson: 10X miles per $1
- Dell: 6X miles per $1
- Gap: 5X miles per $1
- …and many more!
Hot Tip: Did you know you can use your extra Air Canada Aeroplan points to upgrade? Check out our complete guide to upgrading to business and first class on Air Canada.
There are a lot of ways to earn Aeroplan points and some of our preferred options are by transferring Amex Membership Rewards or Capital One miles to your Aeroplan points account.
Recommended Amex Cards (Personal)
|Credit Card||Key Benefits & Info|
The Platinum Card® from American Express
(at Amex's secure site)
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- Good to Excellent (670-850)
- Annual Fee: $695
- Terms Apply. For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, click here.
Must Reads: For more info on the Amex Platinum, see our thoughts on the cards incredible benefits and perks, which includes travel insurance coverage, and so much more. Check out our full review to see why it’s one of the best travel credit cards.
|American Express® Gold Card|
(at Amex's secure site)
- Rose Gold is here to stay. Card Members can choose between a Gold or Rose Gold Card.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., and earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® Points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Good to Excellent (670-850)
- Annual Fee: $250
- Terms Apply. For rates and fees of the Amex Gold Card, click here.
Must Reads: For more info on the Amex Gold Card, see our guides on its benefits and perks, as well as our full review.
Recommended Capital One Cards That Earn Miles (Personal)
|Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card - The newest card in the Capital One lineup with a welcome offer of 75,000 bonus miles after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Not only does the card come with up to $300 in statement credits when booking through Capital One Travel, you'll also get get 10,000 bonus miles (equal to $100 towards travel) every year, starting on your first anniversary. |
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5x miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel, plus unlimited 2x miles on all other purchases.
|Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card - This card is packed with lots of benefits and perks. Earn 60,000 mile welcome bonus once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening. We recommend this as a no-brainer card if you even semi-regularly stay at hotels since this card earns unlimited 2x miles on every purchase.|
|Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card - This is an excellent card for those looking to earn 1.25x miles per $1 on every purchase. With a 20,000 mile welcome bonus (worth $200 toward travel) after spending $500 within the first 3 months and no annual fee, it's a strong choice.|
The points-earning potential of the Aeroplan eStore is fairly comparable to other airline shopping portals, but the selection of available retailers is smaller than we’ve seen from others (usually around 700+ stores compared to just 170+ for Aeroplan).
It appears Aeroplan is sticking to well-known retailers rather than lots of smaller brands. So if you’re loyal to shopping from a few key retailers, there could still be plenty of bonus mile earning potential here!