Long considered one of the most valuable and flexible points currencies, miles and points enthusiasts are always happy to earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points. One reason the points are so valuable is that you’ll have flexible redemption options such as access to both airline and hotel rewards, thanks to its many transfer partners.
One of the ways to earn more Ultimate Rewards points quickly is through the Chase Refer-A-Friend program, as you’ll receive bonus points when your friends sign up for a new Chase credit card.
Not only can you refer friends to cards that earn Ultimate Rewards points, but you can also share referrals to Chase cards that earn United miles, Southwest Rapid Rewards, and Marriott Bonvoy points.
Let’s look at how the program works and how you can add to your Ultimate Rewards account balance with referrals.
Table of contents
Table of Contents
How To Find Your Chase Referral Links
Chase has put together a simple site where you can create all your referral bonus links. You can then send referrals to friends via email or share your referral links on Facebook and Twitter. You can also use the Chase app to refer friends.
The process is simple: once a friend applies and is approved for a card through your referral link, you’ll receive a bonus. The number of points you receive depends on which card your referred friend signs up for.
Your friend will also likely be eligible for a welcome bonus, which only sweetens the deal for everyone!
When you visit the Chase Refer-A-Friend site, you’ll need to provide 3 pieces of information to access your referral links:
- Last name
- ZIP code
- Last 4 digits of your card number
Your Referral Details
This page will give you the details of how many points per card you can earn for each referral bonus. It will also indicate the maximum reward points you may earn through referrals each calendar year.
How To Refer a Friend
You have 4 options for sharing your referral links — email, Facebook, Twitter, and the Chase mobile app. Let’s talk about each.
Emailing your referral link directly to a friend is the first option you’ll see. It requires you to enter the first name and email address of your recipients. Surprisingly, it can take up to 7 days for the referral email to be sent, making this the slowest method for referring a friend.
By clicking the Facebook button, you’ll be shown a Share on Facebook link that will create a post with your referral link to share on your Facebook profile. Unlike email referrals, this link is created immediately and can be shared instantly.
If you prefer, you can copy the link and paste it into an email for a faster workaround to the email system.
Referring friends to Chase cards via Twitter is virtually the same as via Facebook. Click the Twitter button and click Share on Twitter to create a tweet with your referral link. As with Facebook, this link will be created right away so you can share it immediately.
This might be the most common method of creating a link to share with friends since you can share it so quickly.
Chase Mobile App
Chase has now added the ability to refer friends via the Chase mobile app, which makes it even easier to refer a friend on the spot.
Once you’ve logged in and are viewing an overview of your accounts, you can find the card to which you want to refer a friend. Under the card name, you’ll see an option to Pay Card and 3 blue dots next to that. Click the dots and, if you’re eligible to refer, you’ll see the option to Refer Friends.
You’ll then be taken to a screen that will allow you to send an email or text invite.
Chase Credit Cards Eligible for Referral
The cards eligible for referrals change occasionally, so if you can’t refer someone today be sure to check again later. Note that the opposite is also true: some cards may be eligible today, but won’t be at a later date.
In most cases, in order to refer a friend to a Chase credit card, you must be a cardholder of that card. However, this is not always the case.
For example, if you have a Chase card that is no longer available for applications, you may still be able to refer other Chase cards. Cardholders of the Ink Business Plus® Credit Card may be able to refer other Chase business cards, and holders of a Chase Freedom® card may be able to refer to a Chase Freedom Unlimited® card.
Your Chase Refer-A-Friend dashboard will list all of your available options.
Now let’s look at some examples of Chase referral bonuses.
Current Chase Referral Bonus Examples
Here is a snapshot of some of the Chase cards available for referral via the Refer-A-Friend program.
- Earn 15,000 bonus points for each friend who gets the Chase Sapphire Preferred card through your referral link
- Earn a maximum of 75,000 bonus points per year (5 referrals)
- Earn $100 cash-back for each friend who gets a Chase Freedom card through your referral
- Earn a maximum of $500 per year (5 referrals)
- Earn 20,000 bonus points for each business owner who gets the Ink Business Preferred card through your referral
- Earn a maximum of 100,000 bonus points per year (5 referrals)
- Earn 10,000 bonus points for each friend who is approved via your referral link
- Earn a maximum of 50,000 bonus points per year (5 referrals)
- Examples of eligible cards include the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card, and Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- Earn 10,000 miles for each friend who is approved via your referral link for any United-branded credit card (like the popular United℠ Explorer Card and United Quest℠ Card)
- Earn a maximum of 50,000 bonus miles per year
- Earn 40,000 bonus points for each friend who gets any Chase Marriott Bonvoy credit card (like the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card)
- Earn a maximum of 200,000 bonus points per year (5 referrals)
- Earn 5,000 bonus points for each friend who gets the World of Hyatt Credit Card through your referral link
- Earn a maximum of 25,000 bonus points per year (5 referrals)
- Earn 10,000 bonus points for each friend who gets the IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card or IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card through your referral link
- Earn a maximum of 50,000 bonus points per year (5 referrals)
- Earn 100 Disney Rewards Dollars for each friend who gets the Disney card through your referral link
- Earn up to 500 Disney Rewards Dollars per year (5 referrals)
Note that this is not an all-inclusive list of all Chase cards that are available for referral, but rather a sampling of some of the most popular. Log in to your Chase account to view your own list of eligible cards, including both personal and business Chase cards.
Chase’s Refer-A-Friend program is an excellent way to earn Ultimate Rewards points, cash-back bonuses, hotel points, Disney Dollars, or airline miles.
Also, with multiple ways to share your referral link, it’s easy to get the word out to your friends and family.
With minimal effort, you’ll be adding rewards to your account in no time and helping a friend or family member earn rewards as well.
The information regarding the Chase Freedom Unlimited® card, Chase Freedom Flex℠ Credit Card, IHG® Rewards Club Travelers Credit Card, and Disney Rewards Visa Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.