This just in: Alaska Airlines is targeting its Mileage Plan members with huge new offers on its co-branded credit card. The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card is good on its own, but these offers elevate it to the next level. Let’s take a look.
Welcome Bonus Details
You’ll want to check your email for this — Alaska is targeting its Mileage Plan members who don’t already hold the card (so make sure you have opted-in to receive marketing offers!). The offers and their bonus amounts appear to vary upon your elite status level with Alaska.
One offer includes a bonus of up to 100,000 miles. For this, you’ll earn 40,000 miles after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months of card ownership, and a further 60,000 bonus miles after spending $15,000 on purchases within the first 9 months of opening the card.
Another offer will give you 65,000 miles. In order to earn this, you’ll receive 40,000 miles after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months of card ownership, and an additional 25,000 bonus miles after spending $8,000 dollars in purchases within the first 6 months of opening the card.
There may be more offers available, so you’ll want to check your email to be sure.
Alaska Signature Card Benefits
|CARD||BENEFITS & INFO|
|Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card|
- Get a $100 Statement Credit, 40,000 bonus miles and Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $22) with this offer. To qualify, make $2,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening
- Every year on your credit card account anniversary you'll receive a companion fare which allows you to book a companion flight from just $121($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $22). Valid on all Alaska Airlines flights booked on alaskaair.com.
- Free checked bag for you and up to 6 guests on the same reservation – that's a savings of $60 per person roundtrip!
- Earn unlimited 3 miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases and unlimited 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases. And, your miles don't expire on active accounts.
- Enjoy 20% back on all Alaska Airlines inflight purchases and 50% off day passes at the Alaska Lounge when you pay with your new card.
- Annual Fee: $75
Maximizing Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Miles
Alaska Airlines joined the Oneworld alliance in early 2021 which means that it now has access to carriers such as British Airways, American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, and more. However, it still maintains plenty of non-alliance partnerships with airlines such as Singapore Airlines, Aer Lingus, and more. This means you’ll have ultimate flexibility when wanting to redeem these miles.
Unlike other U.S.-based award programs, Alaska still maintains a distance-based award chart. This means your flight will cost a fixed amount based on how far you’re flying (and if you’re flying on Alaska, whether it’s peak or off-peak). There are plenty of gems to be found within Alaska’s award redemptions, but perhaps the most famous is that of flying Cathay Pacific’s stunning first class from the U.S. to Asia for just 70,000 Alaska miles.
You can also hop onboard Fiji Airways’ nonstop flights from the U.S. to Nadi (NAN) for just 40,000 miles in economy or 55,000 miles in business.
Alaska’s generous reward redemption rules also include a free stopover on each one-way flight, which means you can maximize your trip with a multi-day layover without spending more miles.
If you don’t already hold the Alaska Signature card, check your email to see if you’ve been targeted for one of these fantastic offers. If you are, you can earn huge bonuses on top of the regularly available public offer that features just 40,000 bonus miles.
The information regarding the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit: