Update: The offers mentioned below have expired and are no longer available.
Big news for both the Chase Sapphire Reserve® and the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card as Chase has launched new welcome offers. These replace previous best-ever offers that debuted earlier this year. Although these newest bonuses aren’t as generous as their predecessors, they’re still pretty decent. Let’s take a look.
Chase Sapphire Reserve Card
The Chase Sapphire Reserve card, Chase’s top-tier travel credit card, is known for its broad suite of perks. Those who are wanting to apply for the card can receive 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months from account opening.
Along with all those Chase Ultimate Rewards points, cardholders can expect tons of unique benefits from the Chase Sapphire Reserve card:
- 10x points on car rentals, hotels, and dining booked via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal
- 5x points on airfare booked via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal
- 3x points on all other travel and dining purchases; 1x point on all other purchases
- $300 annual travel credit
- Priority Pass airport lounge access
- TSA PreCheck/Global Entry/Nexus credit
- DoorDash DashPass subscription (must activate by December 31, 2023)
- $5 monthly DoorDash credit
- Access to Chase Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection
- No foreign transaction fees
- Rental car elite status with National and Avis
- Purchase protection/extended warranty protection
- Trip cancellation/trip delay insurance
- Lost luggage insurance
Keep in mind that the Chase Sapphire Reserve card comes along with a $550 annual fee, though it can certainly be worth it for those who can take advantage of its benefits.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
Often referred to as the little brother of the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred card has recently been revamped to include many new benefits. As a mid-tier card, it has a $95 annual fee — which is a steal if you’re able to maximize the perks it offers.
Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
The newest welcome offer for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card features the opportunity to earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 in purchases in the first 3 months.
You can also take advantage of those perks we mentioned:
- Earns 5x points per $1 on all travel booked via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal
- Earns 3x points per $1 on dining purchases, online grocery purchases, and select streaming services
- Earns 2x points per $1 on all other travel worldwide, then 1x on all other purchases
- Earn 5x points on each Peloton Bike, Tread, and accessory purchase over $1,800, up to 25,000 total points, and a complimentary Digital Membership from Peloton after your order (through March 31, 2022)
- $50 annual credit on hotel stays booked through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal
- 10% annual bonus points
- Complimentary DoorDash DashPass subscription (must activate by December 31, 2024)
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs like United MileagePlus and World of Hyatt
- Travel and car rental insurance
- Complimentary Spot Club Platinum status with The Parking Spot for 2 years, 20% off of your first reservation, and points for 1 free day of parking (enroll by October 26, 2023)
Hot Tip: Having trouble deciding between the 2 cards? Check out our detailed comparison of the Chase Sapphire Preferred card vs. the Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
These new offers from Chase aren’t quite as generous as their predecessors — that being said, 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points is nothing to scoff at, nor is the 50,000-point bonus featured by the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. Combined with the benefits both cards now offer, you can easily find value that offsets these cards’ annual fees.
Featured Image Credit:
How to Beat the Crowds & Lock In Affordable Travel While You Still Can...
With lockdowns ending, the demand for travel is surging to record levels - and so are prices.
We’ll show you the strategies and tools to unlock huge savings, but that window is closing fast - so you
need to get on this right now.
Download our last-chance playbook here:
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.