If you’re a Seattle Seahawks fan, you’re in luck — Delta Air Lines is offering up free SkyMiles in support of Seattle’s hometown NFL team. The move is meant as a marketing push in competition with rival Alaska Airlines, which has the largest market share at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA).
Why Does Delta Offer 12Status?
If you’ve paid attention to the Seattle commercial aviation market for the past several years, you’ll know that Delta Air Lines and Alaska Airlines go head to head on a number of routes, and Delta has started a hub in Seattle, even supporting some long-haul international flying. In response to Alaska being the dominant carrier in the area, Delta has the 12Status program, offering up free SkyMiles and “status” to passengers in Washington state in hopes to get them to fly the Atlanta-based carrier.
How To Register for Delta 12Status
In order to register for the Delta 12Status program, you need to:
- Be a resident of Washington state
- Be a member of Delta SkyMiles (it’s free to join if you aren’t a member already)
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Enroll by January 7, 2023
Users who have participated in the Delta 12Status program from a previous year will need to register again for this year’s offering.
Perks of Delta 12Status
The perks for Delta 12Status are unique to how well the Seahawks perform:
- For every yard the team throws on the field at away and home games during the season, you’ll earn 1 Delta SkyMile.
- From September 12, 2022, through the end of the NFL season, 12Status members will board in Main Cabin 1 boarding group, ahead of those in later Main Cabin groups. While this isn’t priority boarding by any means, you will board ahead of a good chunk of the plane, so this may be valuable.
- You can save 12% at the Seahawks Pro Shop stores on the 12th of every month of the NFL season. Here you can purchase Seahawks fan gear and other branded merchandise.
- Save 12% on Hyperice athletic massage products.
Based on how well the Seahawks have performed during previous seasons, you’ll likely pick up an additional 4,000 SkyMiles under this offer. While that won’t necessarily get you too far, the miles are completely free and can certainly add up to spending on something worthwhile.
Hot Tip: Learn about the best ways to earn lots of Delta SkyMiles in our detailed guide!
If you’re a Washington state resident, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t register for this offer. There’s no flying required, and the success of the Seattle Seahawks will determine how many free miles you’ll earn. From there, you can use those miles toward free flights, upgrades, and more.
Featured Image Credit:
Delta Air Lines
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.