Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
If you’re a Seattle Seahawks fan, you’re in luck — Delta Air Lines is offering up free SkyMiles in support of Seattle’s hometown NFL team. The move is meant as a marketing push in competition with rival Alaska Airlines, which has the largest market share at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA).
Why Does Delta Offer 12Status?
If you’ve paid attention to the Seattle commercial aviation market for the past several years, you’ll know that Delta Air Lines and Alaska Airlines go head to head on a number of routes, and Delta has started a hub in Seattle, even supporting some long-haul international flying. In response to Alaska being the dominant carrier in the area, Delta has the 12Status program, offering up free SkyMiles and “status” to passengers in Washington state in hopes of getting them to fly the Atlanta-based carrier.
How To Register for Delta 12Status
In order to register for the Delta 12Status program, you need to:
- Be a resident of Washington state
- Be a member of Delta SkyMiles (it’s free to join if you aren’t a member already)
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Enroll by January 7, 2024
Users who have participated in the Delta 12Status program from a previous year will need to register again for this year’s offering.
Perks of Delta 12Status
The perks for Delta 12Status are unique to how well the Seahawks perform:
- For every yard the team throws on the field at regular and post season home and away games during the season, you’ll earn 1 Delta SkyMile.
- From September 10, 2023, through the end of the NFL season, 12Status members will board in Main Cabin 1 boarding group, ahead of those in later Main Cabin groups. While this isn’t priority boarding by any means, you will board ahead of a good chunk of the plane, so this may be valuable.
- You can save 12% at the Seahawks Pro Shop stores on the 12th of every month of the NFL season. Here you can purchase Seahawks fan gear and other branded merchandise.
Based on how well the Seahawks have performed during previous seasons, you’ll likely pick up an additional 4,000 SkyMiles under this offer. While that won’t necessarily get you too far, the miles are completely free and can certainly add up to spending on something worthwhile.
Hot Tip: Learn about the best ways to earn lots of Delta SkyMiles in our detailed guide!
If you’re a Washington state resident, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t register for this offer. There’s no flying required, and the success of the Seattle Seahawks will determine how many free miles you’ll earn. From there, you can use those miles toward free flights, upgrades, and more.
Featured Image Credit: Delta Air Lines
Was this page helpful?
INSIDERS ONLY: UP PULSE™
Travel is changing fast... Stay on top of all the points strategies, exclusive offers & pivotal news - and lock in huge savings along the way.
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.