We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2021, Hyatt has acquired Apple Leisure Group (ALG), operator of approximately 100 mid- to upper-scale resorts and hotels around the world.
New Brands and Destinations
The properties are located in Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America and feature AMR Collection brands like Alua Hotels & Resorts, Breathless Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Secrets Resorts & Spa, and Zoëtry Wellness & Spa Resorts.
While the full list is over 100 strong, here are some of the properties being added:
- AluaSoul Ibiza (Es Canar, Spain)
- AluaVillage Fuerteventura (Esquinzo, Spain)
- Breathless Cabo San Lucas Resort & Spa (Cabo San Lucas, Mexico)
- Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica Playa (El Jobo, Costa Rica)
- Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort (Punta Sam, Mexico)
- Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya (Akumal, Mexico)
- Secrets Lanzarote Resort & Spa (Puerto Calero, Spain)
- Secrets Mallorca Villamil Resort & Spa (Paguera, Spain)
- Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya (Puerto Morelos, Mexico)
Hot Tip: ALG, through its ALG Vacations arm, also operates Apple Vacations, FunJet Vacations, CheapCaribbean.com, Southwest Vacations, and United Vacations, and more, as well as Unlimited Vacation Club.
How the ALG Acquisition Benefits Hyatt
Here are a few reasons Hyatt has provided for acquiring Apple Leisure Group:
- Expand Footprint in Luxury and Resort Travel — Hyatt will be adding more luxury properties across the world, which is always great for consumers. While Hyatt already operates a significant number of luxury hotels, these tend to be focused in major metropolitan areas. ALG can now provide opportunities for luxury in ultra-touristy and smaller, off-the-beaten-path areas.
- Expand Platform for Growth — The acquisition will allow both Hyatt and ALG to grow more than they could independently without each other.
- Benefit Owners — Hotels in ALG’s collection can benefit off of Hyatt’s larger sales and marketing channels, allowing them access to a new set of customers.
- Increase Choice and Experiences for Guests — The more choices, the better. Especially in touristy areas, guests will have more properties to choose from, allowing Hyatt to increase occupancy in these busy markets.
This acquisition is certainly beneficial for World of Hyatt guests, and we are likely to see new redemption opportunities starting in 2022, elite benefits, and more chances to earn when staying on paid rates. Apple Leisure Group also operates some of the largest all-inclusive properties throughout the world, which will be a welcome treat to Hyatt guests who have somewhat limited opportunities for all-inclusive stays.
Featured Image Credit: Apple Leisure Group
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.