We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update: The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
JetBlue has long offered just a single level of elite status in its TrueBlue program, known as Mosaic status. While Mosaic does offer the ability to earn more points on JetBlue flights, 2 free checked bags, free alcohol on JetBlue flights, and space-available upgrades to Even More Space Seats at the airport, the New York-based airline has never offered complimentary upgrades to its premium Mint cabin.
However, that’s all set to change with the launch of Mosaic+, JetBlue’s newest elite tier, available only in 2022. Let’s take a look at all the details of Mosaic+, including what you’ll need to do to qualify, and what it will offer to JetBlue flyers.
JetBlue Mosaic+ Benefits
The most exciting perk of TrueBlue‘s Mosaic+ is the 4 space-available Mint upgrade certificates it confers to those who qualify. This is no doubt a massively valuable benefit, but there are a few rules to be aware of:
- Mint upgrade certificates are valid on all Mint routes except for flights to London. They cannot be used to upgrade into the Mint Studio.
- Up to 2 passengers on a reservation are eligible, but certificates cannot be gifted to someone you’re not flying with.
- You must book your tickets at least 96 hours before departure, and all JetBlue economy fares qualify for the Mint upgrade certificate, including Blue Basic fares.
- Your upgrade certificate will automatically be applied after booking your ticket, and you will have to manually opt-out if you’d prefer to save them for a future trip.
- Upgrades will clear 24 hours before departure and will be prioritized based on the booking date. Those whose upgrades do not clear will receive their originally booked seat.
This all probably seems straightforward, but what’s rather strange is the window in which you’ll be able to use these upgrade certificates. Since Mosaic+ is only valid through December 31, 2022, the upgrade certificates are also only valid for segments purchased and flown between January 5, 2022, and December 31, 2022.
Say, for example, that it takes you through October of 2022 to qualify for Mosaic+. You’ll then have just 2 months to use up your 4 Mint upgrade certificates.
JetBlue Mosaic+ also comes with a FoundersCard Elite membership, which offers benefits like concierge services, complimentary elite status in select programs, and more.
Hot Tip: Learn about the best ways to book JetBlue Mint with points in our step-by-step guide.
JetBlue Mosaic+ Qualification
Similar to standard Mosaic status, you’ll have 2 ways to qualify for Mosaic+ status:
- Earn 45,000 JetBlue base points. JetBlue flights earn 3 base points per $1 spent (except for Blue Basic fares which earn 1x), meaning you’d need to spend $15,000 on JetBlue flights in order to qualify for Mosaic+.
- Spend $150,000 on The JetBlue Plus Card or The JetBlue Business Card.
The level of spend required to reach Mosaic+ puts this new status level in line with the spend requirements needed for top-tier status with the 3 legacy airlines, but in its current form, it lacks in benefits compared to what you’d receive with those other airlines.
Hot Tip: Learn all about how to redeem your JetBlue TrueBlue points for maximum value in our complete guide.
New Mosaic Perks for 2022
Mosiac+ isn’t the only change coming, though. JetBlue is also adding the following perks to Mosaic status, which again are only available for 2022:
- 100% rebate on Even More Space points redemptions
- Complimentary FoundersCard membership
- Complimentary upgrade on the Heathrow Express train in London
It’s certainly great to see JetBlue working to beef up its loyalty program, especially introducing a higher tier that offers complimentary upgrades when it previously did not. However, it seems fair to speculate that this is unlikely to be the final iteration of Mosaic+, as JetBlue will definitely need to add more benefits for 2023 and beyond in order to justify spending levels 3 times beyond the standard Mosaic level.
The information regarding The JetBlue Plus Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
The information regarding The JetBlue Business Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit: JetBlue
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.