Edited by: Kellie Jez
How to Find the 100K Welcome Bonus Offer for the Delta Platinum Card [Current Public Offer is 50K]
- Benefits of the Amex Delta Platinum Card
- How to Find the 90,000 (or even 100,000) Delta Platinum Card Welcome Offer
- Reasons You May Not Be Able to Get a Higher Welcome Offer
- Final Thoughts
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card is tailor-made for Delta loyalists who fly frequently with the airline.
The welcome offer for the Delta Platinum card can fluctuate. So if you’re a frequent Delta flyer and are interested in the Delta Platinum card, here are a few ways to get the biggest bonus possible.
Benefits of the Amex Delta Platinum Card
First, it’s best for you to determine if the Delta Platinum card is even a good fit for you and your travel needs. Here are some of the key benefits of the card to help you make that decision.
- Get your first checked bag free on all Delta-marketed and Delta-operated flights for you and up to 8 others on the same reservation (saving up to $60 per passenger, per trip).
- Priority boarding in the Main Cabin 1 boarding group on flights operated by Delta and Delta Connection. This benefit also applies to up to 8 traveling companions on the same reservation.
- Annual Companion Certificate: Receive a round-trip domestic companion ticket each year on your account anniversary.
- 20% back on inflight purchases when you use your card on items like food and beverages
- $50 Delta Sky Club access, per person, for you and up to 2 other traveling guests. (Effective 1/1/24, this benefit will no longer be available.)
How to Find the 90,000 (or even 100,000) Delta Platinum Card Welcome Offer
If the public offer isn’t catching your eye, fortunately, there are ways you can increase your odds of finding a much higher bonus!
Targeted offers are discussed in the article below. Please note that these offers are not available to all applicants. Any information related to targeted offers has been collected independently and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Increased Public Welcome Offer
By far the easiest way to get a better welcome offer actually requires no work from you at all, and that is when American Express increases the public welcome offer — but it’s usually only for a limited time and you have to obviously wait for them to launch this.
Terms Apply / Rates & Fees
Learn More(at Amex's secure site)
Frequent Delta travelers will enjoy this card's bonus categories, benefits, and ability to reach higher levels of elite status.
Apply With Confidence
Know if you're approved with no credit score impact
If you're approved and accept this Card, your credit score may be impacted.
50,000 bonus miles
Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
Good to Excellent (670-850)
Upgraded Points credit ranges are a variation of FICO®Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit cardapplication.
The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card can be a great option for those seeking additional ways to obtain a higher level of status — or to maintain their current status — with the airline.
A key feature of this card is the ability to earn bonus Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) that are essential for earning Delta status. This could help you get closer to earning free flights and other valuable rewards.
- New: Card Members get 15% off when using miles to book Award Travel on Delta flights through delta.com and the Fly Delta app. Discount not applicable to partner-operated flights or to taxes and fees.
- 3x SkyMiles per $1 spent on Delta purchases
- 3x SkyMiles per $1 spent on purchases made directly with hotels
- 2x SkyMiles per $1 spent at restaurants and U.S. supermarkets
- 1x SkyMile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Annual companion certificate
- Complimentary checked bags
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee statement credit
- 20% back on inflight purchases
- Delta Status Boost
- Discount on Delta Sky Club visits (Effective 1/1/24, this benefit will no longer be available)
- $250 annual fee (rates & fees)
- Does not earn transferable rewards
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights. Plus enjoy Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding and settle into your seat sooner.
- Card Members get 15% off when using miles to book Award Travel on Delta flights through delta.com and the Fly Delta app. Discount not applicable to partner-operated flights or to taxes and fees.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Get access to Delta Sky Club® at a rate of $50 per person per visit for you and up to two guests or immediate family when traveling on a Delta flight from now until 12/31/23. Effective 1/1/24, this benefit will no longer be available.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Official Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Delta Platinum Card, up to two times through 12/31/23. Effective 1/1/24, this benefit will no longer be available, and there will be a new way to earn toward Medallion Status with the Card. Learn more at delta.com/skymilesprogramchanges.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
Utilizing CardMatch (easiest/fastest option)
CardMatch allows you to see offers from banking partners. Most of the larger U.S. banks publish their targeted offers to CardMatch, including American Express and Chase.
With CardMatch, depending on your eligibility, you could see offers up to 100,000 SkyMiles for the Delta Platinum card. Note that CardMatch offers are subject to change at any time.
CardMatch also shows you pre-qualified offers. These are cards that you’ll likely be approved for. While this approval isn’t guaranteed, a bank is more likely to approve you for the card than a standard person applying for the card through its website.
You will need to provide CardMatch with some personal information when using the tool:
- Full Name
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number
However, your credit will not get a hard pull when using CardMatch. This information is simply used to match you to an eligible offer.
For a step-by-step guide on how to get personalized offers through CardMatch, explore our detailed guide on CardMatch.
Targeted Offers at the Delta/American Express Website
If you’re not familiar, Delta and American Express have a dedicated website where members can check for targeted offers on the co-branded Delta cards. Here’s how to see if you have any targeted offers on your account.
Step 1: Sign Up for a Delta SkyMiles account
First, you’ll need to set up a Delta SkyMiles account (if you don’t already have 1), as you cannot check for targeted offers without an account.
To sign-up, visit the Delta SkyMiles enrollment website.
Step 2: Visit the Delta/Amex Website to See If You’re Targeted for Any Increased Offers
Then, you’ll want to head to the dedicated Delta/Amex website, which is very straightforward and easy to use. All you have to do is enter your Delta SkyMiles number and your last name to see if your account is targeted for any increased offers.
Step 3: Review Your Offers
After you enter your SkyMiles number and last name, simply click View My Offer and the page will load any targeted offers that are linked to your account.
If, instead of loading offers, the page says Please Verify The Information You Entered Is Correct And Try Again, that means your account has not currently been targeted for any increased welcome offers.
Targeted Mailings From American Express
A great option for finding an increased welcome offer on, not just the Delta cards, but all American Express cards, is by opting in to receive targeted mailers from American Express. But keep in mind that you will not receive these offers unless you first opt-in, giving permission to American Express to send them.
If you want to opt-in, or aren’t sure if you have already, visit the communications preferences in your American Express account and make sure you’ve enabled communication via mail and email (if you’d like to receive email offers as well).
Check for Pre-Qualified Offers With American Express
If you weren’t aware, American Express actually allows you to check for pre-qualified offers on their website, and sometimes, if you are pre-qualified, you can receive an increased welcome offer as well!
Here is how you can check for pre-qualified offers:
First, go to americanexpress.com, click Cards, then click Check for Pre-Qualified Credit Card Offers. This will allow you to see all the cards you have pre-qualified offers for, across the entire suite of American Express personal cards. This even includes cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express or the American Express® Gold Card.
Reasons You May Not Be Able to Get a Higher Welcome Offer
The Current Public Offer Is Not an Increased Offer
Naturally, if American Express is not currently running a public increased welcome offer, then that obviously makes it more difficult to find 1 — but not impossible.
If you’re not interested in the standard offer, you could check CardMatch, wait until you receive a targeted offer, or wait for American Express to bring back a higher welcome offer.
This probably comes at no surprise, but if you don’t have a good credit score, you likely will have a very difficult time getting approved for the card — even if you are able to track down an increased welcome offer.
If you think this might be you, or you were recently denied for a travel rewards card due to your credit score, then you should focus on improving your credit score before worrying about tracking down increased welcome offers.
Remember to always use credit responsibly, don’t overspend, and make sure to pay your bills in full and on time each month.
You’ve Opted out of Marketing Offers
As mentioned before, if you don’t opt-in to receive marketing offers from American Express, then they cannot send them to you. If you want American Express to contact you directly any time you’re eligible for an increased welcome offer, then you need to opt-in!
If you’re a Delta loyalist or frequent Delta flyer, there is plenty to love about the Delta Platinum card. So, if you’re going to add the card to your wallet, naturally you’re going to want to get the best offer possible. Be sure to take some time to do some research, as it could mean the difference of getting a welcome offer that is twice the size!
Not sure what you’d do with those Delta SkyMiles? Here are some ways you can redeem your Delta SkyMiles for huge value!
For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card, click here.
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, click here.
For rates and fees of the American Express® Gold Card, click here.
Featured Image Credit: Upgraded Points
Frequently Asked Questions
How many Delta SkyMiles are needed for a free flight?
It depends! Delta does not publish an award chart for their flights, so the number of miles needed can vary based on the destination, season, and many other factors.
Check out the SkyMiles deals page for great discounts on award flights on both domestic and international destinations!
How much are Delta SkyMiles worth?
At Upgraded Points, we value Delta SkyMiles at 1 cent per point. Keep in mind that, while you can certainly get more than 1 cent per point in value, we don’t recommend you redeem them for anything that would net you less value than 1 cent.
Do Delta SkyMiles expire?
As long as your account remains open, your Delta SkyMiles will never expire.
How can I create a Delta SkyMiles account?
Was this page helpful?