Edited by: Keri Stooksbury
We may be compensated when you click on product links, such as credit cards, from one or more of our advertising partners. Terms apply to the offers below. See our Advertising Policy for more about our partners, how we make money, and our rating methodology. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone.
Update:The offer mentioned below has expired and is no longer available.
Premium economy deals from the East Coast to Asia are pretty rare, so this cheap Finnair deal to Seoul immediately caught our eye.
Here’s what you need to know about the deal.
Fare Deal — The Details
This deal is from New York (JFK) to Seoul (ICN) on Finnair premium economy, with a stop each way in Helsinki (HEL).
All legs are operated on Finnair’s Airbus A350 jets. Premium economy seats are arranged in a 2-4-2 configuration with a 38-inch seat pitch and a 13-inch inflight entertainment (IFE) screen. You’ll also enjoy 2 full meals in premium economy.
Keep in mind that Finnair’s Premium Economy Light is pretty restrictive. You won’t be able to receive a refund or change your ticket, and you’ll have to pay for seat selection and checked baggage. Still, this is a pretty solid deal if you’re looking for a more comfortable way to fly to South Korea.
Play with some dates on Google Flights and then book directly with Finnair for the best rates:
- Class: Premium Economy
- Route: New York (JFK) to Seoul (ICN)
- Dates: January to May 2024; August to November 2024
- Rates: As low as $1,873 round-trip
Flying Finnair soon? Check out our guide to Finnair’s baggage policy and fees!
How To Book
There’s good availability throughout 2024, except for June and July, which are more expensive months on this route. If your travel plans are flexible, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a ticket under $2,000.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (capped at $500,000 spent in purchases per calendar year, then 1x points)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked through Amex Travel
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 3x points on all other travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 5x Ultimate Rewards points on flights booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal; 2x points on all other travel purchases
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: 5x Capital One miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel; 2x miles on all other purchases (including travel)
This is an excellent deal for a notoriously expensive New York to Seoul route. While you’ll have a stopover each way in Finland, you’ll also have a dedicated premium economy cabin with amenities such as enhanced meals, more legroom, and even lounge access (for an added fee).
The information regarding the Capital One Venture X Business Card was independently collected by Upgraded Points and not provided nor reviewed by the issuer.
Featured Image Credit: Pixabay via Pexels
Was this page helpful?
UP's Bonus Valuation
This bonus value is an estimated valuation calculated by UP after analyzing redemption options, transfer partners, award availability and how much UP would pay to buy these points.