The Platinum Card® from American Express is a well-known luxury credit card with a high-end price. While the high annual fee may be steep, The Platinum Card® offers lots of benefits to justify the cost.
Many of the benefits of The Platinum Card® are well known like the $200 annual airline fee credit, up to $200 annual Uber credit, 5x points earning on flights booked directly with airlines and select hotel stays, and $100 Global Entry credit.
However, this premium card also offers benefits that can sometimes fall under the radar. The concierge service from The Platinum Card® is one of those benefits.
Using the Platinum Card® concierge is like having an assistant. They can make reservations for you, send a last minute gift, or research an upcoming travel destination.
Table of contents
Table of Contents
Benefits Of The Platinum Card® From American Express
Before focusing on the concierge service, here’s a quick peek at some of the other benefits that come with this card.
Main Benefits of The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Earn 5 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent on airfare purchased directly from the airline or through Amex Travel.
- $200 annual airline fee credit
- $200 annual Uber credit ($15 monthly credit January-November, $35 credit in December)
- $100 Global Entry or $85 TSA PreCheck credit (every 4 years)
- $100 Saks Fifth Avenue shopping credit ($50 credit January-June, $50 credit July-December)
- Airport lounge access including American Express Centurion lounges and a Priority Pass Select membership
- Hilton Honors Gold status and Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Access to the Hotel Collection and Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Car rental privileges
- Purchase protection and extended warranty
- Travel insurance and lost baggage insurance
Hot Tip: For more information about everything this card has to offer, check out our full review of The Platinum Card® From American Express.
The Platinum Card Concierge Service
The Platinum Card® Concierge promises to be a resource, day or night, for almost anything you can think of. Whether it’s tickets to a concert, reservations at an exclusive restaurant, or just flowers for your significant other, they are ready to assist.
What Can The Platinum Concierge Service Do For You?
The Platinum Concierge service is there for you to help you with whatever you may need:
- Use the concierge to book theater tickets to avoid Ticketmaster fees
- Book tickets to a sold-out show
- Reserve tables in otherwise booked restaurants
- Request travel guides for any location
- Send a last minute gift or flowers to someone special
- Get help planning an event
- Research specific requests: restaurant with a patio, vegan restaurant in Toronto, wedding venue that can hold 1,000+ people
- Search for a specialist: a contractor with great ratings, a pet groomer that will come to your home, a caterer that only uses organic food
While there is no cost to your for the Concierge Services, you are responsible for any purchases, fees and/or shipping charges you authorize to be charged.
After making a request, you will get all of the requested information emailed to you, usually within 48 hours.
Don’t Confuse Platinum Concierge With Amex Travel
American Express Travel and Platinum Concierge are separate entities. So, if you need to book a flight, hotel, or rental car, contact American Express Travel. Otherwise, try out the Platinum Concierge.
It can get a little confusing when you are following the prompts on the phone. However, if you end up in the wrong place, they can easily transfer you to the correct department.
Platinum Concierge Contact Information
In the U.S., call 1-800-525-3355
Event tickets: Option 1
Dining: Option 2
Gifts and Flowers: Option 3
Travel: Option 4
Card Services: Option 5
You can also dial the number on the back of your Platinum Card and select Concierge.
For international, collect calls, dial 617-622-6756.
If you have previously used American Express Concierge before you can also email your requests to: email@example.com.
You can find more information about your Platinum Card® Concierge benefits online.
After logging into your Platinum Card® account, click on Benefits in the main menu at the top.
Then scroll down until you see the box labeled as Platinum Service.
There’s no question that the Platinum Card® From American Express offers lots of perks and benefits. The concierge service is one of the benefits that can often be overlooked.
This service offers you access to a concierge staff that can help you with a variety of different tasks like purchasing event tickets, sending flowers, or even researching travel destinations.
If you haven’t tried out the Platinum concierge, you may be missing out on a valuable benefit that comes with your Platinum Card®.
Featured Image: Courtesy of Shutterstock.com