Hilton Honors Gold Status
Those who regularly stay at Hilton hotels will love that the Hilton Business Amex card comes with automatic Hilton Honors Gold status. Ordinarily, you’d need to spend 40 nights a year in Hilton hotels to qualify for this status level, which comes with the following benefits:
- 80% bonus points earned from stays, giving you 18x points per $1 on stays, plus 12x points per $1 for paying with your card, for a total of 30x points per night — a 15% return on your Hilton stays based on our valuation of Hilton Honors points
- Complimentary room upgrades, up to executive level, if available (excludes suites)
- Free breakfast at international hotels and a $10 to $25 food and beverage credit at U.S. hotels
- Late checkout (if available)
Spend Your Way to Diamond Status
When you spend $40,000 on your card in a calendar year, you’ll be upgraded to top-tier Hilton Honors Diamond status, without needing to meet the 60 qualifying night requirement.
With Hilton Diamond, you’ll receive all of the perks of Hilton Gold status, plus a 100% bonus on stays, access to executive lounges at eligible properties, and suite upgrades (if available).
Complimentary Priority Pass Visits
Most travel credit cards with Priority Pass lounge access come with an annual fee of $400 to $700, but the Hilton Business Amex card offers it for just $95 per year.
While more premium cards allow you to visit an unlimited number of times, and the Hilton Business Amex card limits you to just 10 visits per year, but that may be plenty depending on your travel patterns.
If you aren’t already familiar, Priority Pass offers 1,300+ lounges in airports all across the world, so you’ll almost always have access to a lounge no matter where your travels take you.
Spend Your Way to Free Weekend Night Reward Certificates
Another great benefit for big spenders is the ability to spend your way to Free Weekend Night Reward Certificates with the card.
You’ll earn 1 Free Weekend Night Reward after $15,000 in spend in a calendar year, and a second after spending $60,000 in a calendar year.
These Free Weekend Night Rewards can then be redeemed at nearly any Hilton hotel worldwide, as long as it is on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (though Hilton expanded eligibility to any night of the week as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic). This includes some of Hilton’s very best properties in the world that can cost north of $1,000 per night.
The Hilton Business Amex card also offers a handful of protections to keep you covered if things go wrong, including:
- Baggage Insurance: When you purchase a flight with your card, and your baggage is lost, damaged, or stolen, you’ll receive coverage for up to $1,250 for carry-on baggage, and up to $500 for checked baggage.
- Rental Car Insurance: Those who purchase a rental car with their card will receive secondary rental car coverage towards damage or theft of the vehicle. Keep in mind that it will only kick in after your primary auto insurance.
- Purchase Protection: Purchasing an item with your card keeps you covered for 90 days if the item is accidentally damaged or stolen. The coverage is limited to $1,000 per occurrence and up to $50,000 per calendar year.
- Extended Warranty Coverage: When you purchase an item that comes with an extended warranty of 5 years or less, the warranty coverage will automatically be extended by 1 additional year.